workshops finished

• 11 Replies

rowlandwells

workshops finished
« on: December 21, 2020, 11:52 »
as I've been spending more time at home because of the present situation i started to make drastic changes to my workshop or in other words tidy it up because it had become a tip i think i mentioned this in another topic that my daughter said get a skip

so i didn't get a skip but i went to town on it making new benches cupboards shelves and fixing all my equipment and tools tidy and throwing  junk out so I'm pleased to say its all tidy and ship shape but now its tidy i cant find anything now its in a new place

hopefully i can now get round round to fixing and making  ready for the spring am i  optimistic or what?

what's the next job well i think i mite consider going into hibernation at least till after Christmas  :lol:

Aidy

• Location: Born n bred Lancastrian living in tropical Blackpool
    • Aidy Neal Photography
Re: workshops finished
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2020, 08:55 »
Funny, I have done the same  :D

I cannot believe the amount of junk, rusty nails, odd screws, broken drill bits even broken tools I saved thinking I might be able to use them again.
Looking a whole lot better now and the best news of all.... I can get in it  :D
Punk isn't dead...it's underground where it belongs. If it comes to the surface it's no longer punk...it's Green Day!

Growster...

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2020, 09:47 »
Did all that about this time last year, and am still learning where everything is...

One wheeze which has worked, is to fix a simple bar along one end, and hang lots of tools on it with 'S' hooks made from 3mm wire, and that has made a difference, as at least I can see where everything is now!

But - and it's a big but - I still have about a million old screws, nuts and bolts, fittings, taps,  hinges, bits of wire etc, in a huge wooden box, and these treasures will always be around, mainly because I can't lift the box now...

One benefit of having a clear bench is that ideas for new jobs aren't so daunting...

snowdrops

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2020, 12:44 »
Yes having a clear space is very cathartic I find & frees up the mind no end for lots of future possibilities lol
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Tenhens

• freedom lodge for tenhens ex battery 1 year on
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2020, 13:08 »
Happened to walk past a garage recently where the owner I think was attempting a clear out , standing room was by the door , bags , boxes and heaven knows what else piled up to the ceiling. Perish the thought if they were to move house!!
we also rescue rabbits and guinea pigs, grow own veg

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2020, 13:26 »
Perish the thought if they were to move house!!
Exactly my thoughts, as a move to a bungalow may be on the agenda sometime in the next few years, as the stairs here are very steep  :(

snowdrops

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2020, 14:19 »
Better make a start of then mum lol

rowlandwells

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2020, 15:56 »
Further to my topic we have about 10 bags of mixed rubbish to go to the tip and as you mite gather I'm getting an ear bashing from my other half to go to the tip but i said re-cycle centre will be so busy after Christmas best wait a couple of weeks before going but seem to fall on deaf ears  :lol:

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2020, 18:50 »
Check it is OK to just turn up as well.  At our local one, you have to book a time slot on line beforehand.

rowlandwells

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2020, 12:56 »
I think i can possibly hold the peace for a couple of weeks but if you don't se me on line then you can assume the worst  :D

PS
got to get your priorities rite i need to get a hair cut first if the barbers open?

Subversive_plot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2021, 00:36 »
Check it is OK to just turn up as well.  At our local one, you have to book a time slot on line beforehand.

Our local landfill is doing the same thing!
"Somewhere between right and wrong, there is a garden. I will meet you there."~ Rumi

rowlandwells

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2021, 10:31 »
I'm pleased to report that most the rubbish has been cleared but due to the bad weather we still have a small amount to go to the tip now the cold weather seems to have eased i feel another trip to the tip coming on  :D

PS the barbers still closed  :(

xx
freecyle trailer near finished restoring

Started by muntjac on Equipment Shed

6 Replies
Last post March 12, 2007, 18:06
by Trillium

Page created in 0.183 seconds with 52 queries.