Jobs for the day

• 13 Replies

muntjac

Jobs for the day
« on: August 04, 2007, 06:37 »
saturday 4 7 07 .0530 am just got back from swimmming with mutts
fed chooks dogs cats ferrets rabbits ,water houses feed toms .cucs peppers ,swan gourds i got from aggypants ,courgettes need picking , flipping marrow 22 inches  :tongue2: i got from aggy again needs cutting as its ripening to fast no matter got a couple more to come on to be bigger :wink: . runners french ,black beans all need picking ,set some lettuce out , cut a red cabbage and pick beetroot for dinner lady pal  is cooking some polish meal with sausage , gotta nip to the pier n haul my lobster pots dang its been a busy year for them,i left em to a pal to haul while i was away last week n he had 4 nice ones .bet my luck isnt that good , pick up herrings from beach boats on way back home . smoked chedder cheese lunch , smoke a few herrings for storing and for the oldies .chill out till nap time watching sons of katie elder on the box , nap over water houses , and eat drink n chill with jade (gd) n company ,,,,,,,,
 :D
and you?
still alive /............

shaun

Jobs for the day
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2007, 09:19 »
just been for a walk with the dog down the plot watered the toms, now its  time for breakfast poached eggs i think with a tin of tomatoes on toast mmmmmmmmm,then its off to watch me lad play cricket and a couple of pints.got relatives over from ireland so i might have half a bitter tonight with them  :wink:
will have  a good few hours tommorow on the plot as its time to lift the onions.
feed the soil not the plants
organicish
you learn gardening by making mistakes

freyaluck

• Experienced Member
Jobs for the day
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2007, 09:41 »
Not done a lot so far this morning feeling rubbish. Have half sorted my money woes fed and walked dads dog.  Need to go to dads and get his prescriptions and meds. Put rabbit in run tidy the house, go down lottie and clear more weeds  and finally tonight sit down with a large glass of wine. :D
Carlie- The nutty one
Now totally ORGANIC and using permaculture design.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

crowndale

Jobs for the day
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2007, 09:41 »
9am rose from the drug/migraine induced stupor I was in, had breakfast and thanked god I was now migraine free on such a lovely day, (wouldn't have been so bad to sleep through a wet day!).  Still a little hungover from the codeine though.

Today need to do all the stuff I swore I'd do yesterday but didn't, so its back to setting the gravel board in place for my new garden path, digging out the bottom, removing the roots then filling with the sand, weed barrier and gravel.  Just hope the sun hasn't baked the ground too hard, it's been too wet for months!  Need to take the dog for a walk at some point too though he is still asleep at the moment, just like a  teenager!
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

David.

Re: Jobs for the day
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2007, 15:56 »
Quote from: "muntjac"
flipping marrow 22 inches  :tongue2: i got from aggy again needs cutting as its ripening to fast no matter got a couple more to come on to be bigger

Are you going for giant marrows? I got several to nearly 40lbs last year, but this year everything seems like it's going to be smaller.

I have now decided which marrows stand the best chance of growing big, and I'm feeding 6 of the best with 2 gallons of concentrated tomato feed/seaweed extract a day

muntjac

Jobs for the day
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2007, 15:58 »
no not giant just extra long skiny ones . aggapanthus has a pic she may share with you of hers last year :x  :lol:

Lynne

Jobs for the day
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2007, 16:03 »
Got up 7.30, down at allotment by 8.30. Dug out another patch about 10ft by 4ft. Watered pak choi, fast carrots and spinach. Chatted to others on allotment, given some runner beans and cabbage (they feel sorry for us as we are so new we're not producing yet).

Home for lunch, housework and tidying back garden. Awaiting wine o'clock.

Lynne
Lynne.

So much to do, but so little time.

David.

Jobs for the day
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2007, 16:15 »
Quote from: "muntjac"
no not giant just extra long skiny ones . aggapanthus has a pic she may share with you of hers last year :x  :lol:

'Long skinny' characteristics are excellent for crossing with, as quite often a strain of giant marrow ends up as something that's short and fat (and the skinny rejects are better for marrow rings).

Sally A

Jobs for the day
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2007, 16:21 »
Well, I've been reorganising the greenhouse following possible sightings of blight, I've taken out the Italian Plums as they seem to be the main carriers - but I do have one monymaker that may be blight or grey mould - I'm keeping an eye on him (why are tomato plants male?), and here are my Italian boys in mid haircut, ready for transportation to the isolation chamber that is the top greenhouse (no glass - but will try to erect some protection for them), in the hope I can save some of the formed fruit.  An american website reckons that if you catch it with less than 5% blight, you've got a chance, but hey......that is an american website.

I really must get the hang of resizing.

Ice

• muck spreader
Jobs for the day
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2007, 17:41 »
1.  Water the greenhouse.

2.  Lay on sunbed with a pint of squash and a couple of bags of mini cheddars.

3.  Listen to neighbours tidying their garden.
Cheese makes everything better.

mandycharlie

• Experienced Member
    • Blossom and Sunshine
Jobs for the day
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2007, 18:01 »
Lobster... Lobster... munty has Lobster !!!

"Wail"

:(

I'm just a tad envious, being locked in the Midlands as I is...

my jobs for the day, were to send hubby up to the lottie to water toms, then we wandered around stratford upon avon for the afternoon, settling down with a very good glass of red, whilst he peels the spuds... so.. life ain't so bad after all. :)   (but it could be alot better if I had a lovely luscious lobster bubbling in the oven with hot butter, you lucky thing Munty)

flowergirl

Jobs for the day
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2007, 18:06 »
got up late,finish reading Marley &Me,read a trashy mag,half washed up(got bored)daughter went to stay a her nans house with her dad now im thinking about what to have for tea,oh the pressure

mandycharlie

• Experienced Member
    • Blossom and Sunshine
Jobs for the day
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2007, 18:09 »
Quote from: "flowergirl"
got up late,finish reading Marley &Me,read a trashy mag,half washed up(got bored)daughter went to stay a her nans house with her dad now im thinking about what to have for tea,oh the pressure

Oh i can so relate to that.... "started the washing up, got bored".... "oh the pressure"

made me giggle  :D

brucesgirl

Jobs for the day
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2007, 19:02 »
got woken up at 7 by the cat who wanted her food refreshed, did ironing, froze runner beans, read book for an hour, washed up. Got in the car for the 85 mile drive to Dad's. Mowed and edged his lawn, picked some plums, dead-headed the roses, watered the strawberries. Made him tea and watched some horse-racing with him. Back in the car for 85 mile journey back, sniggered as a police bike pulled over a humungous 4-wheel drive on the A14.
Now am trying to get rid of a headache before having some dinner, so browsing on here and listening to Russell Brand on the iPod.
Every other Saturday the exact same thing.

xx
jobs

Started by beetrootboy on Grow Your Own

17 Replies
Last post September 07, 2008, 17:34
by beetrootboy
xx
jobs done on Plot since mid Feb

Started by Pompey Spud on Grow Your Own

0 Replies
Last post March 22, 2009, 16:58
by Pompey Spud
xx
Jobs for july says

Started by Beetroot Queen on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post July 07, 2014, 20:08
by Beetroot Queen
xx
What jobs are you doing this month?

Started by DHM on Grow Your Own

32 Replies
Last post January 11, 2019, 04:54
by DHM

Page created in 0.397 seconds with 38 queries.