I've been scalped !!

• 9 Replies

mrs bouquet

I've been scalped !!
« on: January 11, 2020, 11:37 »
Has this ever happened to you ?   I went to the hairdresser yesterday to get my short hair trimmed.  My usual stylist was on holiday, so another woman did it (the owner).    I told her that once I took the hearers out, that was it.   She said put your shoulders down and relax.    I told her how I like it, closed my eyes and relaxed.
Until she tapped me and said finished.     OMG,  I doubt that the sides are 1 cm long, it is a very good cut for a man !!!  If any of you have a wig please ……..  Meanwhile, thank goodness it is cold, I can wear a hat  :D  Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

wapello

• Experienced Member
Re: I've been scalped !!
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2020, 14:14 »
Ah  Ah,  Mrs B the big debate, ? Toupee or no Toupee,  :nowink:  ::) I'll  get my coat
Colin

jaydig

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2020, 15:05 »
I always had this problem whenever I went to a hairdresser.  I finally gave up and stopped spending good money for something that I didn't like and hadn't asked for, and for the past forty years or more I've cut it myself with the kitchen scissors.

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2020, 17:17 »
Look on the bright side Mrs B, you've saved yourself the cost of an extra haircut while it grows back again!  8)
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

WeavingGryphon

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2020, 09:31 »
I always had this problem whenever I went to a hairdresser.  I finally gave up and stopped spending good money for something that I didn't like and hadn't asked for, and for the past forty years or more I've cut it myself with the kitchen scissors.

I get husband to cut mine since I was quoted near £40 for 2 inches cut off the bottom which takes less than 5 minutes.

A man wouldn't pay a tenner. I tried a men's shop- not a "barber"  where I spotted through the window a man getting 2 inches trimmed off of his hair and was told by a hairdresser "No, you need to get out".

Goosegirl

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2020, 11:47 »
For my 70th birthday bash I treat myself to a senior stylist in town and have never had a better cut. She knew what I needed, did it as per, always remembers me and what she did before and I won't use anyone else. It's money well-spent to me and doesn't cost a fortune either.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2020, 17:26 »
A man wouldn't pay a tenner. I tried a men's shop- not a "barber"  where I spotted through the window a man getting 2 inches trimmed off of his hair and was told by a hairdresser "No, you need to get out".

My 'gentlemen's' barber is actually an extremely outspoken lady ::), and one of the many topics which gets her raging is the women who come in to her shop demanding she cut their hair at the normal men's rates (and who call her discriminatory for refusing to do so.)

Her view is that she is only trained to cut men's hair, is perfectly happy with the clientele and income she already has, and doesn't need or want the responsibility of trying to make a good job of cutting women's hair.

(She's a one-woman business, so also rages about some clients who ask why the shop's not open in the evenings or on Sundays, and one who even expressed disappointment about finding the shop closed on Christmas Day!   ::))
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

WeavingGryphon

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2020, 08:48 »

My 'gentlemen's' barber is actually an extremely outspoken lady ::), and one of the many topics which gets her raging is the women who come in to her shop demanding she cut their hair at the normal men's rates (and who call her discriminatory for refusing to do so.)

Her view is that she is only trained to cut men's hair, is perfectly happy with the clientele and income she already has, and doesn't need or want the responsibility of trying to make a good job of cutting women's hair.

(She's a one-woman business, so also rages about some clients who ask why the shop's not open in the evenings or on Sundays, and one who even expressed disappointment about finding the shop closed on Christmas Day!   ::))

With that woman I was objecting to her actually saying "No, you need to get out" and that was all before flicking my hand at me. Rude. I do fail to see the difference in her cutting 2 inches off the bottom of his hair and mine. All previous hair dressers and now Husband does is is it brushed? Parting straight? Snip snip snip, tell me to sit still, snip snip, check with comb and fail to miss a long bit. Done.

Takes hair dressers 10 minutes because they have the mirror so you can view it's been cut. Husband doesn't so he takes 5 minutes, more if the kids start tickling one of us with the off cuts or climbs up on my knee. Husband had Youngest helping last time while I crossed fingers and mumbled no dags, no dags.

Aidy

• Location: Born n bred Lancastrian living in tropical Blackpool
    • Aidy Neal Photography
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2020, 16:37 »
Yea I find that when I go I get scalped too, but then they always leave a bit in the middle  ???
aidy.jpg
hair001.jpg
hair002.jpg
Punk isn't dead...it's underground where it belongs. If it comes to the surface it's no longer punk...it's Green Day!

Goosegirl

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2020, 14:03 »
Aidy, you wouldn't look or be the same Aidy we've known for years. If you want a change you could always die it purple a.k.a.:- https://www.scottishpoetrylibrary.org.uk/poem/warning/.

Aidy, this is my advice for you.

"Plat it in corn rows or leave it to nature
Or you could just get a lacquer or liquor to fix it.
Harvest some lichen then make your own tint
With some alum and orcein and Isatis tinctorial.
Then you get back and have some tinctures emporial
Along with some pieces of digestive biscuits.
If that ain't enough then let it go wild
'Cos ain't what some people do on the Fylde?

Page created in 0.155 seconds with 51 queries.