Flubenvet in small doses

• 5 Replies

PJM

Flubenvet in small doses
« on: July 04, 2008, 09:09 »
Hi all. I have six Bantam hens, and have just purchased a tub of Flubenvet wormer from my vets, trouble is, it is for treating huge amounts of food. How do those of you like me with just a small flock measure out and distribute your food and wormer mix.? I don't want to overdose the girls.

poultrygeist

Flubenvet in small doses
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2008, 09:30 »
Hi PJM. There's very good advice in the Poultry-Information section.
Look at Treating Worms.

Apparently they are bringing out a small flock pack but in the meantime you're stuck, like the rest of us, with measuring out pinches at a time.

I mixed up a bulk amount of pellets for the 7 days with the dose for 6 hens, like yourself, and this made it a bit more manageable. But it does mean you have to keep 7 days worth of food securely stored apart from the usual.

Rob  :)

Yolky

Flubenvet in small doses
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2008, 18:50 »
Oh good news they are bringing out a small flock pack. Will have to keep my eyes peeled for that, thanks Rob.

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
Flubenvet in small doses
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2008, 19:27 »
I'm in contact with the manufacturers and they will be giving me some pre-release information.  

I'll post the information on the forums as soon as I get it :!:

Brambles

Flubenvet in small doses
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2008, 21:57 »
When I first heard you speak of Flubenvet, I had already been using Verm-X which is the only wormer that our local supplier stocks, it states that it is 'Natural control of all known internal parasites.'  for all poultry and Fowl
It has a Triple Green Apple Award 2004-2008 for Environmental Best Practice in Farming and Agriculture (whatever that means!)
Have you heard of it and is it any good?  Have to say that when we wormed our 2 rescue hens they produced a mountain of very yucky worms for about 3 days.

Kate and her Ducks

Flubenvet in small doses
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2008, 22:06 »
I have used it for a while without really understanding much about it and it is quite difficult to get much information on it. As it is not produced by a large pharacutical company it has not had extensive animal tests ( good and bad) and therefore they cannot provide claims that it works as these would not be substantiated by scientific evidence (like human herbal supplements cannot make claims to be medical cure - check the bottles in Holland and Barretts). What I have found out that it is not a cure for infestation, it acts as a deterent to the parasites hence the carefully worded claim that it is a "control" for parasites. To cure them you need to go for hard drugs like flubenvet (which I have started using). I will still use the Verm X monthly as recommended (mainly as I still ahve half a tub left and it cost a fortune :D )
Be like a duck. Calm on the surface but always paddling like the dickens underneath.

xx
Flubenvet for small flocks

Started by Aunt Sally on The Hen House

13 Replies
Last post October 16, 2008, 14:25
by compostqueen
xx
flubenvet - how much?

Started by mrs chook on The Hen House

21 Replies
Last post April 03, 2013, 23:37
by joyfull
xx
flubenvet 2.5%

Started by Chookiechook on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post September 27, 2010, 12:11
by Chookiechook
xx
Flubenvet

Started by HattonHill on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post September 13, 2012, 11:39
by ordinarygull

Page created in 0.229 seconds with 38 queries.