the new skip diver and scroungers bit

• 29 Replies

muntjac

« on: January 09, 2007, 14:14 »
i asked join if we could have a spot for all those who do the deed when it comes to being frugal with things and also those who have a parchant ? for recycling . well i am one of the best even tho i say so myself .  :oops: .well i get lorry loads of pallets freely delivered when there is a pile to be removed .i scrounge anything and everything i can .if i can making a few quid out of it .i make my brooder pens and coops from recycled pallets i also make those things for growing runner beans up oblisks or whatever they are called . so heres the challenge to all , what can you turn into a quid or maybe a much needed item .where do you scrounge your bits , oh and how about sharing your tips for grabbing that bit of wood thats going to be burned on the building site .. but get this ,im the cheekiest  * going when it comes to grabbing something for nowt  :wink: can ya beat me ?
still alive /............

noshed

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2007, 14:38 »
Good idea.
I'm only limited by what you can get in a Fiesta. I use black dev bottles in my greenhouse for heat sinks, there's the wheely bin water butt courtesy of the council, old window cold frame, and lots of pallets for everything else.
Self-sufficient in rasberries and bindweed. Slug pellets can be handy.

shaun

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2007, 20:49 »
2 bits of reinforcing mesh leaning against each other for your runner beans will last you forever  :wink:
feed the soil not the plants
organicish
you learn gardening by making mistakes

shaun

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2007, 21:19 »
dont laugh this is true.
take a car wiper motor and the mechanism bit, fasten a kitchen knife to it,
rig it all up on a piece of timber so the knife goes into a chopping action against the timber.now wire it up to a 12 volt battery and hey presto a runner been chopper,watch your fingers though  :wink:

Aidy

• Location: Born n bred Lancastrian living in tropical Blackpool
    • Aidy Neal Photography
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2007, 21:28 »
:lol:  sorry Shaun.
Punk isn't dead...it's underground where it belongs. If it comes to the surface it's no longer punk...it's Green Day!

muntjac

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2007, 21:29 »
i made 2 into pigeon decoy attractors ..  :wink:

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2007, 21:43 »
dont laugh its true but when i flicked the switch all the way up it got a bit scary  :D

shaun

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2007, 21:44 »
Quote from: "Anonymous"
dont laugh its true but when i flicked the switch all the way up it got a bit scary  :D

i said that  :?

shaun

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2007, 21:45 »
Quote from: "muntjac"
i made 2 into pigeon decoy attractors ..  :wink:

how do you attract pigeon decoys  :D

muntjac

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2007, 21:48 »
ohhhhhhh shurrup ya wassuck ,,lolo ,i made em into dead bird flappers then ,loloi clipped dead birds to the ends of rods and then the motor would go round and round and the birds would look like they was landing in the crop and other birds would say " wow l;ook birdies found some nosh " and they fly in and i shoot em ,,,,, hopefully :wink:  :lol:

shaun

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2007, 21:56 »
:D
true story this
when i was a teenager (not that long ago)we were walkin the fields with the dogs when i saw some pigeons sittin in a field so creeping up along the hedge got a bit closer.when we were in stone throwing distance we through a couple of stones at them as we were doing this some chap popped out of the other hedge on the other side and told us to **** off they were his decoys  :oops:

muntjac

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2007, 22:04 »
lmaoooooooo. i have one . was sitting in a hide and watched a buzzard dive down time and time agin to attack a decoy .it finally got a toe hold on it and flew up with it .it went to bite it in the head area and it got one hell of a shock and let it go ,,,, it stil came back lol. anoter one i was again in ahide  and the lane to the marshcame off a layby a white car pulled into the field backwards and this figure got out the passenger side and drew down its jeans and panties .and went on to start having a 2s at this point i let off a double barrel and holllerd what the hell you doing there and the sheer delight of seing this woman dive back in to the car half undressed was pure pleasure lo the car slammed into gear and drove out the lane skimming grass and mud  from its tyres , i do hope she only nipped it in the bud so to speak  :lol:

Anonymous

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2007, 22:33 »
Wish I had seen that, only thing I've shot is clay pigeons and being rather dodo at it, not many of them.

noshed

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2007, 19:42 »
Got some more big plastic bottles today, some tent pegs and some shelf brackets that seemed to be lying around at work.
I need a roofrack or the loan of a van to get some more pallets though. And some swine has taken the scaffold board I had my eye on - and I was only waiting for it to dry off a bit...

muntjac

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2007, 19:47 »
freecycle for a roof rack  :wink:

grin
Skip diving!

Started by Quants on Frugal Living

14 Replies
Last post April 12, 2016, 10:42
by Aled
xx
Skip stuff

Started by stentman on Frugal Living

24 Replies
Last post January 02, 2010, 21:34
by Paul Plots
xx
skip diving!

Started by fish on Frugal Living

10 Replies
Last post April 03, 2008, 17:33
by Leaf
xx
Skip Diving

Started by mumofstig on Frugal Living

8 Replies
Last post March 27, 2012, 21:53
by Yorkie

Page created in 0.197 seconds with 38 queries.