layers-mash - pellets??

• 37 Replies

little miss muffat

newey to the site
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2007, 22:56 »
Hi every body my first time on the site  :)  im in the middle of the city and have had chickens for about 2 year, have bought eggs from ebay  :roll:  :roll: i know, and hatched them and hatched my own eggs too. I have just saved 10 battery hens last friday and having agreat time watching them come round. I love reading all the messages from every body. Going back to buying coops, i found sombody throwing a shed in a slip and asked could i have it, i cut off the bottom that was rotted and made my coop.
M Power

richyrich7

• Paper Potter
    • My home business Egg box labels and more
layers-mash - pellets??
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2007, 22:59 »
Nice find miss muffat, one man's poison is another's meat.
Welcome to the forum
He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.

little miss muffat

richyrich7
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2007, 23:11 »
:D  Thankyou   :D   richyrich7

muntjac

layers-mash - pellets??
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2007, 23:13 »
recycling at its best miss muffet. and welcome to the iste  :)
still alive /............

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
layers-mash - pellets??
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2007, 10:11 »
Welcome little miss muffat  :D

We have a very strick rule on this forum:

Post pictures - do let us see your georgious rescue hens  :!:  :lol:

little miss muffat

battery hens
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2007, 21:39 »
Thankyou muntjak and aunt sally. Im not sure how to attach pictures. Your hens are lovely aunt sally. Iv read about your coop it sounds gr8. Is it easy to keep clean. I made a very bad mistake when i started out, i laid lino in my coop thinking it would be easy to clean and got red mite very bad. It took me a while to get rid of them.

little miss muffat

layers-mash - pellets??
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2007, 21:47 »
muntjak iv been taking lots of notes, il be  out in the future looking for dandelion leaves but not the road kill ill visit the fishing shop instead  :tongue2:  lol. One of my new hens have a bad limp at the moment not sure if its her foot or leg. but the lady i got the battery hens off said that she usualy takes the hens out of the cages but when she gat to the farm the young lads had boxed them already so thay could be very bruised.

muntjac

layers-mash - pellets??
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2007, 22:08 »
let her out a couple hours a day to just roamn around if you dont already battery hens have a condition in th leg joints ( inflamation ) because they usually sit on wire all the time in crouched conditions .they dont get to streth the joints fully .with battery birds also look for ammonia burning on the hock joints  this is caused by constantly crouching in feaces . she will recover in time im sure  if not worry not as i have had a cockerel with a broken leg  snapped in a wind blown brooder trap .being it was one of my fav breeders i just popped it back as best i could and gaffer taped it up for a month or so , its now running wild in the estate woods disturbing the peace with a £25 fine on its head if anyone shoots it  :wink:

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
Re: battery hens
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2007, 22:19 »
Quote from: "little miss muffat"
Thankyou muntjak and aunt sally. Im not sure how to attach pictures.

Your hens are lovely aunt sally. Iv read about your coop it sounds gr8. Is it easy to keep clean. I made a very bad mistake when i started out, i laid lino in my coop thinking it would be easy to clean and got red mite very bad. It took me a while to get rid of them.

Attaching pictures is quite easy.  First you have to host them on a sit on the internet.  A lot of us use photobucket

http://photobucket.com/register.php?link=topmenu

You then copy the IMG link from under your picture and paste it into your posting here. Easy !  If you have any problems we can give you more advice.

I'm so pleased you like my hens ( I do too :lol: )

My eglu is brilliant but can only hold up to 4 medium to large hens ( about 8 bantums).  It is so easy to keep clean.  If you do it each week it takes about 10 mins.  (I'm afraid I dont do it that often  :oops:  but still takes only 10 mins).  Never had red mite, there is really no place for them to hide.  It's double skinned so warm in winter and cool in summer.  And it looks really funky.  (I can see muntjac going  :roll: bl***y egeroos  :lol: )

Munty really is an expert on chooks so if you listen to him you won't go far wrong.  (I'm really chuffed to that he usually agrees with my opinion on chooks  :D )

As I said do let us know if you have a problem getting to grips with posting pictures  :D

muntjac

layers-mash - pellets??
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2007, 22:23 »
im not agin eglus .i just dont like them plastic boxed fings .much beter a nice wooden coop , but i know ya loves yabirdies   sally .. and i only agree with ya cos i dont want a slapping

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
layers-mash - pellets??
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2007, 22:28 »
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  You'd love a slap really  :wink:

little miss muffat

hens leg
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2007, 23:10 »
Thanks munktac ill keep my eye on her and let you now  :cry: . Aunt sally ill try and put some pics on tommorow of my girls + my new arivals ( the battery hens)  :shock: . Its been great talking to you all thankyou, not many people to talk about cooks aroung here, looking to move to the country somewhere in UK sometime soon an give my girls and 1 boy some more room. See you all tommorow  :D

Foxy

layers-mash - pellets??
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2007, 21:30 »
yeh watchout for the sell by date -20kgs for a few chooks can last a couple of months. Also good brands like smallholders are nutritionally balanced and prepared in a way which is healthy for your birds!
Personally I believe its a small price to pay for peice of mind! :lol:

little miss muffat

wrong
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2007, 23:13 »
:oops:  is that wrong  helppppppppppppppppppppp. so sorry if it is, i thought  was doing so well  :?    :x

little miss muffat

layers-mash - pellets??
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2007, 23:21 »

xx
Layers Pellets or Mash?

Started by Topscaff on The Hen House

9 Replies
Last post October 14, 2013, 11:13
by Topscaff
xx
layers pellets or mash?

Started by jobson336 on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post October 31, 2011, 10:04
by Helenaj
xx
layers pellets or mash

Started by legend jeff on The Hen House

32 Replies
Last post November 21, 2008, 20:23
by Old Whiskers
xx
Layers Mash or Pellets?

Started by parsleypig on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post September 30, 2009, 09:50
by AmandaH

Page created in 0.217 seconds with 40 queries.