What are we doing wrong

• 26 Replies

matilda duck

Re: What are we doing wrong
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2009, 22:24 »
Thankyou all!!!!!   ::) ::)

They may start laying if they are happy!!!  Out of a 9 hens and a possible 6 eggs we are down to 3 eggs!!!!!!!!  Poor mites   well not literally you understand, the mites ......it must be bed time i'm babbling. :closedeyes:

Vember

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2009, 22:31 »
It'll be the mites stopping them laying for sure MD.

when I got my first three orps & the 2 Barneys the bloke I got them off said they weren't laying properly and really at the age they were they should have been.
Once home I discovered the lice and lots of them  :ohmy: Within a week of that first spray all 5 were laying :D

Here's hoping after a squirt yours are back at full power as soon :)

Sleep tight :)

Sarah :)

nzdunn

« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2009, 13:49 »
where and how much do you spray with the johnston spray for lice, does this spray kill the red mite aswell            nicky

LittleRedHen

• little red hens egg blog
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2009, 14:51 »
I swear by Frontline.  I put on cat pippet on each of my hens and they are good to go for 6 weeks - no pesky bugs at all!  Brilliant stuff!
When I die I will slide in sideways, a glass of wine in one hand and chocolate in the other, screaming, "Whooo hooo!  What a ride!" as life is to be enjoyed to the fullest!

chickenlady

• Happychooks Blog
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2009, 15:02 »
I swear by Frontline.  I put on cat pippet on each of my hens and they are good to go for 6 weeks - no pesky bugs at all!  Brilliant stuff!
Not that i have them at the mo! probably just a matter of time but is there egg withdrawel with the frontline?

Debbie
thinks her guardian angel`s gone on strike !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vember

« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2009, 15:47 »
I have the mite spray in for emergencies as I have 6 cats and 5 dogs sometimes I can find myself with out frontline especially at the moment with sheep ticks around  :mad:

With the mite spray I part the feathers and spray directly on to the skin around the effected area :)

Frontline is fantastic and kills the eggs too but if you don't have a cat or dog it can be difficult to get hold of (better now some chemists sell it) but also it's quite expensive. The johnsons stuff works just as well just you need to do that extra spray :D

Sorry CL i didn't answer your question, I've not withdrawn eggs but in the external parasite section Babe's vet said it might be best for 5-7 days :)

Linky to that here :
http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=5250.0

Sarah :)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2009, 15:50 by Vember »

matilda duck

« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2009, 20:00 »
Well all the chicken had a fight over a particular part of the dirt today???  We have a 200ft garden so there is plenty of room for all but no!!!!! 
I have sprayed all of them with the johnsons spray so we'll see???  Hoping it will work!!!! :(  Thanks for all your help again where would I be without you all?????

Foxy

« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2009, 20:17 »
Well all the chicken had a fight over a particular part of the dirt today???  We have a 200ft garden so there is plenty of room for all but no!!!!! 
I have sprayed all of them with the johnsons spray so we'll see???  Hoping it will work!!!! :(  Thanks for all your help again where would I be without you all?????

ermmm without so many ducks??? :D :D

matilda duck

« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2009, 20:23 »
 :lol: :lol:
Speaking of ducks, I know i'm having another 2 next week but I really fancy another couple as well.......  mmmmm what shall I have???? :ohmy:

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2009, 06:51 »
Hi compostqueen, just read the chicken information pages and see where you get the diatom in the chicken feed (as a wormer) thing from - sorry perhaps I should have read all the pages first - but then who would see to my chicks whilst I spend a week reading it all!!! - I did spend afew hours reading poultrygeists tales about the little mallards (it was about 12 o'clock one night - so no chucks to see to) and now I'm hooked on the tales about them.
Staffies are softer than you think.

too many girls

« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2009, 07:31 »
:lol: :lol:
Speaking of ducks, I know i'm having another 2 next week but I really fancy another couple as well.......  mmmmm what shall I have???? :ohmy:

Aylesbury's.............. ours are fantastic,
when i went to the feed merchants yesterday i couldn't help but notice (because i had a scout about behind the counter) he had something called "scaly leg mite spray" one squirt kills all leg mites, (the warning on the bottle said "do not pick off the scales") so there is a remedy on the market, you just need to be a farmer to hear of it..........................

jo40

• Experienced Member
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2009, 08:16 »
I have been mixing DE with the bedding and giving the house a 'generous' sprinkle each time I clean out. I also mix some into a paste and paint it around the edges of the perch so that 'no mites can pass the border' !!! when the birds are perched at night, seems to be working so far?   

xx
Help Is something wrong?

Started by Angus on The Hen House

8 Replies
Last post September 29, 2009, 10:36
by Angus
xx
what am I doing wrong????

Started by matilda duck on The Hen House

34 Replies
Last post October 16, 2008, 13:36
by matilda duck
xx
Help! What have I done wrong????

Started by SuzyandtheBs on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post May 14, 2010, 21:28
by joyfull
xx
What's wrong with my hen?

Started by Lost in France on The Hen House

0 Replies
Last post October 09, 2007, 18:45
by Lost in France

Page created in 0.295 seconds with 37 queries.