Hello!

• 5 Replies

Pumpkinlife

Hello!
« on: May 20, 2023, 12:12 »
Hi, new arrival here.

I have had an allotment for a few years but am thinking of giving it up. When I took it over it was covered in shoulder high weeds, which I managed to get under some kind of control. It's become a bit of a chore to go there though, and the mare's tail and couch grass (not to mention the brambles from next door's plot) mean it's always an uphill struggle. At home I have a couple of Veggie Pods (which I love) in the garden and two beds for veg, more beds will soon be under construction, so I will see how things go this year and might just have a small kitchen garden next year.

The picture is of my first very successful pumpkin harvest. I'm pretty obsessed with growing the things. :-)
Pumpkin Harvest-1016.jpg

Subversive_plot

• Global Moderator
Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2023, 15:24 »
Welcome to Allotment Garden!

Whether you decide to keep your allotment or end up gardening solely at home, there's lots of good advice here.

That is quite a pumpkin harvest BTW!
« Last Edit: May 20, 2023, 15:26 by Subversive_plot »
"Somewhere between right and wrong, there is a garden. I will meet you there."~ Rumi

snowdrops

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2023, 17:58 »
Wow, love those pumpkins, I like growing them too (not as successfully as you thought by the looks of it.
Welcome to the forums by the way. Have you looked for easier ways to keep your plot under control? What besides pumpkins have you grown there? If it’s mainly for the pumpkins you could put thick layers of brown cardboard down to exclude the light, then add manure/mulch& cover in weed membrane & plant your pumpkins through holes in the membrane which should ease the workload
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2023, 21:06 »
Welcome to the forums and that's a very impressive suite of pumpkins, well done!
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

AndyRVTR

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2023, 05:54 »
Hi and welcome to the forums  :)

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2023, 10:09 »
Oh my gosh… what do you do with all those pumpkins  :ohmy:

Page created in 0.139 seconds with 44 queries.