stoats and chickens dont mix

• 2 Replies

muntjac

« on: December 09, 2006, 20:25 »
pal foned few mins back  he found a stoat in his hen house this afternoon ,munchng on the head of one of his best hens. he didnt manage to kill it before it escaped back through the wire . so he asked what he should be doing to stop it getting any more of his birds.i told him to get some wood and cover the bottom of the run with it . making sure the wood planks run from top to bottom and not in full length strips . also to do his door. . i told him to bait himself a few rat traps with cords on and a peg to keep it in place and put them in the hedges with a plank corridoor tunnel making sure the trap has enough room to spring and kil the stoats or rats . he should bait it with cat food . or chicken liver . i also told him when he takes the stoat from the trap to wear disposable gloves as the smell from them when they are killed is more obnoxios .as the shock makes them releasea blast of spraint . dump them in a hole and cover with soil
still alive /............

kizza

• Experienced Member
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2006, 20:54 »
Stoats are lovely creatures it would be alot kinder and better for their population if he used a live mink or live rat cage trap and caught them in that and then go and realease them miles away in the countryside.

muntjac

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2006, 20:59 »
its  a nice idea if thats the way you want to go, there is no problem with stoat populations on the estate i am on. so i would not worry about trapping them in rat traps

question
My new chickens dont like their perches!

Started by jla_1984 on The Hen House

12 Replies
Last post October 23, 2009, 19:40
by alisonwo
xx
chickens dont want to go in their house

Started by animal mad on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post August 27, 2009, 19:38
by animal mad
xx
plants that the chickens dont eat

Started by 02rlgudgin on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post February 22, 2007, 20:20
by richyrich7
xx
ferets n chickens dont mix

Started by muntjac on The Hen House

24 Replies
Last post October 16, 2006, 23:48
by muntjac

Page created in 0.255 seconds with 38 queries.