Alternatives to the ANDI index?

• 4 Replies

GrowinGrowinGone

• Experienced Member
Alternatives to the ANDI index?
« on: July 03, 2012, 01:19 »
Hi folks,

just wonder if anyone knows any other charts like the ANDI index chart? The ANDI index is good, but it misses so much off it.  I would really appreciate it if anyone knows of any other such charts.  Thanks :)

Just in case people don't know what the ANDI index is (I only recently got told about it).

"ANDI stands for "Aggregate Nutrient Density Index." An ANDI score shows the nutrient density of a food on a scale from 1 to 1000 based on nutrient content. ANDI scores are calculated by evaluating an extensive range of micronutrients, including vitamins, minerals, phytochemicals and antioxidant capacities."
This is my Allotment, There are many like it, but this one is mine. Without my Allotment I am nothing, without me, my Allotment is nothing

arugula

• Winner - prettiest sunflower 2011
  • hic svnt leones
Re: Alternatives to the ANDI index?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 06:30 »
More info here for those who don't know:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aggregate_Nutrient_Density_Index

Moved to the food section ofthe forum as it is about food in general and not just about growing. ;)
"They say a snow year's a good year" -- Rutherford.

GrowinGrowinGone

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2012, 21:06 »
I guess nobody knows then :(, thanks anyway.

mattwragg94

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2012, 21:19 »
ive just read the link that argyllie posted - i think people haven't heard/ took to the idea because its a bit complicated.

Plus im all for healthy eating - but i also believe that you should enjoy what your eating, but by following his methods, i dont think i would be able to do that. People feel quilty enough when they are calorie counting, imagine what they would be like if they followed the ANDI index.

Anyway thats just my view, im sure there will be lots of people out their that follow it and think its great and completely disagree with everything ive just said! :lol: ;)

GrowinGrowinGone

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2012, 21:35 »
Things like Goji Berries are supposed to be excellent, but they are not ranked in the index.  But always nice to know what's the best for you, and to include more of it in your diet.  I have recently began juicing vegetables, and adding a bit of fruit to make the actually drinkable lol.  The things we do in the name of health and losing some weight!   It looks disgusting trust me lol, but don't taste too bad.  I am also looking what other things to add to juices, that I could grow.  So when I found the ANDI, I was happy, but sad it misses so many things.  Ok, enough waffle from me, thanks for the reply :)

xx
Looking for oven bag alternatives...

Started by Daamoot on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

18 Replies
Last post April 07, 2013, 12:20
by Elvira
xx
Cheap alternatives to Weck jars

Started by Swing Swang on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

2 Replies
Last post September 20, 2010, 20:02
by hamstergbert

Page created in 0.137 seconds with 36 queries.