New to this forum? Not sure how to do things? Check out the help

Hello from Edinburgh

• 2 Replies

DanielCoffey

Hello from Edinburgh
« on: August 04, 2015, 22:17 »
Hello folks and greetings from Edinburgh!

I found this forum during an idle Google for Runner Bean supports and came across the sticky thread on the Munty Bean Frame. After a suitably leisurely rummage through the forums it is abundantly clear what a helpful and friendly bunch everyone is.

Towards the end of this season or very early next year I hope to be moving from a small Edinburgh flat with a typical shared city communal drying green to a larger family house in a village in the Scottish Borders. You certainly get a lot more for your money down there!

As this will be my first experience of a private (and large) garden I am sure I will be coming here for advice along the lines of "What the heck is this thing I have found/dug up?" or "I am sure I planted some so-and-so here... what ate it?"

I am a guy in my late 40s who is a full-time carer for my disabled wife who uses a wheelchair. This will mean I have to handle the entire garden on my own as well as considering accessibility. I will want to maintain my wife's interest in what the garden is producing and looks like so some waist-high raised beds with hard pathways are likely to be our friend there. The rest of the space can be more typical. Being in the Scottish Borders I am aware that frost, wind and rain will be an issue.

Anyway, I do have other  questions and I will seek out the appropriate sub-forums to post them in.

Daniel.

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
Re: Hello from Edinburgh
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2015, 22:19 »
Welcome to the site  :D
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

Fairy Plotmother

Re: Hello from Edinburgh
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2015, 22:59 »
Hello and welcome.

clip
Hello from Edinburgh!

Started by ImogenM on Welcome to the Forums

3 Replies
Last post August 27, 2021, 06:58
by AndyRVTR

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 38 queries.