help chicken attacking

• 3 Replies

scampy

help chicken attacking
« on: August 09, 2008, 11:24 »
I am feeeling really disheartend, have 2 new ex bats and four bantams.  One of the ex-bats will not stop attacking the bantams, I have mixed them on the garden for a few weeks and have them in adjoining runs with chicken wire between them, but one of the bats will not stop attacking the bantams and they are now scared of her.  If i stand with them she will not attack them, but the minute I turn my back she does it again. Should i resign myself to the building another house and  run for the bats ?  OH thinks I should just put them all together and leave them to get on with it.  But bantams will not come out of the coop if bats come into their run.  Any advice would be great.

Pep

• Experienced Member
help chicken attacking
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2008, 19:31 »
Hi Scampy,

I know how you feel but unfortunately don't have the answers.  I have two cocks and one hen (all supposed to be hens).  One cock attacks the  hen one minute and mates with her the next.  He also attacks the other cock which, in turn, attacks the hen and me!!!  I have puncture wounds on my leg at the moment and am becoming a bit wary of him.  Hopefully, someone more experienced will come along shortly with advice.  Good luck.

Pauline

raeburg

help chicken attacking
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2008, 19:40 »
i've been having a similar problem but with a silkie as victim.  I've resigned myself to the idea that there are going to be 2 hen colonies living alongside one another.  At the moment the silkie is living in a broody coop in the back garden on her own.  Hopefully we are going too get a friend (another silkie) tomorrow.  That just leaves the issue of te ex-batt who is a reincarnated bouncer cos she wont let the others into the hen house  :?

scampy

help chicken attacking
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2008, 20:07 »
i think i will have to start drawing up  plans for another hen house along side the other and just let them mix on the garden.  The ex bat will not let them in the run now and if they are already in she will not let them down the ramp of the house to get in the run.  Funny thing is she won't go into their coop, just waits at the bottom of the ramp.

xx
Other hens attacking one chicken

Started by SusieB on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post September 26, 2009, 12:13
by dizzylizzie
xx
Help please, chickens attacking one chicken

Started by SusieB on The Hen House

12 Replies
Last post September 23, 2009, 11:17
by SusieB
xx
Help- duck attacking chicken!

Started by pink aubergine on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post February 26, 2013, 19:54
by ANHBUC
xx
hen attacking?

Started by Craigx on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post June 11, 2012, 17:34
by Craigx

Page created in 0.22 seconds with 38 queries.