Yet another Poorly chicken thread, sorry!

• 2 Replies

ordinarygull

Yet another Poorly chicken thread, sorry!
« on: October 30, 2009, 13:19 »
Hi

I went out to my girls this morning, and one was lying on her side, I thought she was having a dust bath, but she stayed in the same position for ages.
Went in and picked her up, and she wasn't able to stand on her own.
I've put her in a cat basket, and brought her inside to keep her warm, and she is now standing but very hunched and sad looking.
Could it just be an age thing (she is about 3) and that she is nearing the end of her time, or any other suggestions? The other 5 all seem to be absolutely fine, but obviously I'm worried it could be something infectious!

Many thanks
og

Brambles

Re: Yet another Poorly chicken thread, sorry!
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2009, 13:46 »
I am so sorry to hear about your poorly girl... I have not come across this so afraid I am no help...  I would think that 3 years is not at all old for a healthy hen, one of mine is 5 years old and still trying to keep the others in line!   I just wanted to say that I hope your little girl is going to be alright, let us know how she goes on.

ordinarygull

Re: Yet another Poorly chicken thread, sorry!
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2009, 14:09 »
Thanks Brambles

She seems to have perked up a bit, I've put a bowl of mixed layers pellets and corn in for her, and can hear her pecking away - perhaps she just had a hangover or something!

Won't put her back in with the others until I'm sure she's ok, have also rung the vet, and they have some appointments tonight, so will make one if she doesn't perk up some more.

Have had them nearly 3 years, and it's the first time any of them have been poorly ( rang up my partner in tears, and he was in an important meeting, bet they all think I'm bonkers now!!!)

xx
Poorly chicken

Started by 3Bluebelles on The Hen House

30 Replies
Last post July 17, 2009, 17:11
by 3Bluebelles
xx
Poorly Chicken ~ Please Help!

Started by Richardm on The Hen House

15 Replies
Last post January 16, 2008, 17:49
by Selkie
xx
Poorly chicken

Started by chuckmum on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post May 26, 2010, 17:11
by chuckmum
xx
Poorly Chicken

Started by NikkyNak on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post August 27, 2010, 15:10
by Jeanette

Page created in 0.232 seconds with 35 queries.