soft egg help

• 2 Replies

andy46

• Experienced Member
soft egg help
« on: September 03, 2012, 16:39 »
Can i have some advice please as my chicken is trying to lay a soft egg as i write this. she is all puffed up and her little bum is trying to push it out,should i just leave her or can i do something to help. also all the chooks are being wormed at the moment on pellets with flubenvet should i give them extra oyster shell or are the pellets ok and then go back to their layers pellets after treatment :(
Pull up a perch!!

PaulineM

Re: soft egg help
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2012, 17:12 »
Hi
You can put your hen in a warm sink of water for 30 mins, this helps her muscles to relax and makes passing the egg easier. Keep toping the water up to make it warm and dry her off with a hairdryer on a warm setting (not hot) before putting her back outside. I have never had to do this but I have read it helps. As for your feeding question I would think no extra oyster shell is needed just what you would normally have for them.  :)
1 Hubby, 2 children, 2 Welsummers, 1 Leghorn Banty, 1 Wyandotte Banty, 1 Barnevelder, 2 Isa Brown, 1 Rhode Island, 1 Goldline,1 Maran, 2 Mottled Leghorns, 1 Leghorn cockerel & 2 Jack Russells

andy46

• Experienced Member
Re: soft egg help
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2012, 18:19 »
Thankyou pauline for the advice,as i have only had my chooks for 2 months and never seen it happen it was a bit upsetting but the panic is over she layed it herself and is running around the garden like it never happend  :D :D :D it has come out fully formed but with no shell so atleast i know there is nothing left inside to cause any problems.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 18:22 by andy46 »

xx
Soft Egg

Started by retribution on The Hen House

10 Replies
Last post January 15, 2011, 09:18
by izzy
xx
Soft every day

Started by ali2 on The Hen House

8 Replies
Last post September 30, 2011, 12:06
by crh75
xx
soft egg

Started by treecol on The Hen House

12 Replies
Last post April 20, 2009, 09:14
by Roughlee Handled
xx
Soft egg

Started by ali2 on The Hen House

0 Replies
Last post February 28, 2011, 08:23
by ali2

Page created in 0.259 seconds with 35 queries.