• 2 Replies

feelingbroody

• Experienced Member
hyacinth needs your help !!!
« on: February 25, 2015, 13:04 »
Afternoon All

Hyacinth could do with some help!!
she is a 5 yr old bluebelle that is a family pet and has never been ill
a few days ago i noticed her bustle was messy and since then she has been passing green or watery white poops
Her crop felt impacted this morning not spongy and empty like my other girls and I suspect she has been eating straw but I am just guessing
She is not her usual greedy self at corn time and yesterday her tail feather seemed droopy, shes perked up a bit this morning after 3 x 1 ml oil and a crop massage but still not 100 per cent
is there anything I am missing or should be doing?
I should mention too her mouth smells fine not soured but her other end is vile smelling

Thanks in advance you guys  :( :( :(
if wishes were changes.......

New shoot

• Global Moderator
Re: hyacinth needs your help !!!
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2015, 07:36 »
Poor Hyacinth  :(  It does sound like an impacted crop, so you could carry on with the oil and crop massage treatment morning and evening, but if she has already been ill for a few days, I would think about getting her to a vet asap.

That crop may need surgically clearing and the longer it stays impacted, the greater the risk of more serious complications.

Please let us know how she does  :)

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
Re: hyacinth needs your help !!!
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2015, 11:49 »
another treatment for an impacted crop is to open her beak and pop in a few live white maggots (dont buy the dyed ones), these will help to clear the blockage.
Staffies are softer than you think.

Page created in 0.272 seconds with 38 queries.