tv chefs what a bunch of eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeejits

• 84 Replies

muntjac

« on: January 13, 2007, 12:18 »
they are asking why folks arent cooking at home ,heres the answer you prats

someone said on one of my other sites " i am having nothing special just bacon beans n chips "s why say simply bacon n beans  chips   lovely grub the british staple meals ,, what makes me cross is these blooming chefs on tv asking why if they are doing all these fantastic recipes for the public why arent they cooking at home ,, simple ya daft wassucks cos we aint all upper middle class with upper middle class wages  our food is a good old spag boll  and even fish fingers n chips ,i havent seen a programma fro years ( delia whens she first started ) cook a proper sunday roast with all the trimmins . kids dont get cooking lessons at school no more so its a fact they see a mcdonalds as proper food . we already know they dont know where thier flipping food comes from ,,, try teaching them from scratch .. plot to plate . ggggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ,, ok time out on the stairs for me
still alive /............

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2007, 12:26 »
And another reason is, that because kids aren't taught to cook in school, and haven't been for years, most of the parents can't cook either and if both parents work, well ready meals and takeaways are a quick answer aren't they?

Went to step son's for New year day lunch and his wife cooked.  Hope it turns out okay she said, I don't usually cook beef, or lamb or .........

She eats with the kids and when he comes home from work, sometimes 9pm, usually brings a takeaway with him, because she hasn't done anything for him and saved it and she won't cook again!!!  Poor sod, no wonder OH's kids like coming here for a meal occasionally!!!!!

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2007, 12:27 »
Perhaps I should write a cook book for working Mum's.  I had one once, but it was all that 'bitty' stuff the TV chefs cook, not proper stuff!

muntjac

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2007, 12:31 »
well my son who is at uni foned home to ask how to cook yorkshire pudding .......... its on the box was my reply cos he had bought ready made ones ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :roll: , try this one on your kids its a classic ... to boil an egg what do you do ,how long for soft medium or hard ?

mum of 3

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2007, 18:58 »
theres no excuse really ive just made my lot a great big pan of spag bol and meatballs in about 10 mins,i do agree about the lack of cooking in schools my Daughter is in high school and she has cooking for 1 hour and all she makes is coleslaw or hummous :lol: which although very nice dont really make a meal.

shaun

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2007, 19:00 »
was talking about sadam the other day and got onto the subject of what would you like as your last meal before you was hanged or shot.
mine was sausage,egg,chips and beans (spuds of the lottie ofcourse)
you cant beat it  :wink:
feed the soil not the plants
organicish
you learn gardening by making mistakes

richyrich7

• Paper Potter
    • My home business Egg box labels and more
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2007, 23:19 »
My kids all cook at school but it's all posh stuff and expensive really sets 'em up for when they have a house of their own!. Schools should bring back basic cookery techniques and they should grow some of the stuff themselves on the playing fields at least then they would know where food comes from.

Shaun it  would be cornbeef, egg and chips for me !

:)
He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.

muntjac

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2007, 23:22 »
how can tey grow it on the sports fields lol ,, they selling em to build friggin houses on ........ pig pen for prescot anybody ?

richyrich7

• Paper Potter
    • My home business Egg box labels and more
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2007, 23:24 »
After be a bl@@dy big pig pen  :lol:

Annie

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2007, 23:49 »
I don`t know about school,30 yrs ago we were taught how to make swiss rol etc.never made another one since.We learnt to cook because my mum worked and had a cunning rule`the cook never washes up`,what an incentive!I started my little person as soon as she could wield a rolling pin and if the end produce looks like nothing you have ever seen before at least silence decends  as she eats and I clean the floor,work tops,walls......pizzas tommorow!

snozzer

• Experienced Member
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2007, 09:26 »
"proper sunday roast with all the trimmins" - Now that has to be the most upper class meal going.  A proper sit down affair on a Sunday ith a table full of people and food, nothing better (not even a takeaway curry)
As guilty as a puppy next to a pile of poo

muntjac

SUNDAY DINNER TODAY
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2007, 12:24 »
ok so its a rolled roast beef lump brushed with mustard and rolled loosly in aluminum foil . 120 c for 3-4 hours . last 30 mins undo the foil to brown the  beef . pressure cooked potatos for mash.skins on. stubble turnips microwaved for 6 mins with a small amount water in a micro dish with lid on ,, fresh milled pepper ,  swede , carrots, parsnip chips . roasted for last 30 mins with beef  and then winter crinkle cabbage from under tent . with purple onion gravy home made with beef juice from foil  :wink: .. a pear with custard for pudd .. one my own pears .cnference  :D

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2007, 20:57 »
Sounds great Muntjac,  I think we'll all be round for dinner next Sunday  :lol:

muntjac

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2007, 21:12 »
that was today hon ,,, next week its hare ,,,,if i get one or i may have to defrost one ,,,,,,casseroled mmmmyumyum

king cauli

• Experienced Member
muntjacs sunday lunch
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2007, 04:14 »
sounds mouth watering,do some swede chips with your parsnip ones,and was wondering,do you know any tricks with cookin a squirell?
http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q102/kingcauli/th_thc.jpg[/img]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q102/kingcauli/caulicow.jpg[/img]

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 39 queries.