horseradish

• 4 Replies

muddifoot

• Experienced Member
horseradish
« on: June 06, 2008, 18:04 »
I've planted  a  horseradish plant about a month ago and its is looking good-But everyone says it will take over and suggested I replant it somewhere else besides my herb garden.  But where?  if it takes over no matter where you plant it- so that leads me to believe it must go into a pot.  questi9on being  how deep does it grow?  I really don't want to buy a pot if it cost more than 10 years worth of horseradish..                

it's a long learning process-this gardening lark-But I love it-love it -love it.

Sven The Swede

• Experienced Member
horseradish
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008, 19:00 »
I planted 4 root cutting last year and it grow well and I made some top sauce. But does take over. I thought I had removed it all, but must have left small pieces in the ground and this year the leaves keep appearing. So I dig it out every time a bit pops up with the root end. So I have put 3 bits I dug up in 6" Pots and put pots in the ground. So this will keep the roots in the pots. So do what others tell you put in pots.
I CAME LATE TO THIS GAME, BUT IT'S IN THE BLOOD. I TRY TO BE ORGANIC BUT SORRY HAVE TO USE THE SLUG PELLETS.

weeeed

horseradish
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2008, 00:11 »
Of course if you dont want to put it in pots you could always offer the excess to someone like me! :lol:  :wink:
I know less today than I did yesterday, and I knew nothing then!

iwantanallotment

horseradish
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2008, 01:28 »
It sells awesomely well on eBay too!
I have a similar prob with Honesty and Chinese Lanterns that I've recently sown in pots - I like them and wanted a little bit, but they're invasive and I'm now dreading the aftermath. My borage has already scared me to death, never knew it'd grow so well OR so big in the herb pot :lol:
Your horseradish should be ok though if treated like mint & restrained in pots ;) Send any excess to weeed!

DD.

• Global Moderator
  • Location: Loughborough. a/k/a Digger Dave. Prettiest Pumpkin prizewinner 2011
  • Pea God & Founder Member of The NFGG
horseradish
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2008, 07:03 »
Anyone is welcome to come and attck mine at any time.

3 years on & slightly starting to win the battle!
Did it really tell you to do THAT on the packet?

xx
Horseradish help

Started by grinling on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post June 06, 2012, 22:03
by grinling
xx
HorseRadish

Started by spudgun on Grow Your Own

8 Replies
Last post March 27, 2010, 23:34
by spudgun
xx
horseradish

Started by Rampant_Weasel on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post July 13, 2008, 19:32
by richardwil
xx
horseradish

Started by clive1961 on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post January 23, 2015, 17:32
by sarajane

Page created in 0.349 seconds with 38 queries.