Cordless Strimmer battery packs

• 3 Replies

Kieronl

Cordless Strimmer battery packs
« on: July 13, 2011, 08:43 »
There are days when I think the world has gone mad. I was looking for a second battery pack for by Wrox strimmer, and it  turns out its almost as cheap to buy the whole strimmer just £5 in it

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
Re: Cordless Strimmer battery packs
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2011, 08:52 »
I know, stupid isn't it?  But its this throw away society we created. Just as cheap to buy a new one rather than repair the other one, or replace battery packs!

But they don't think about all the extra waste when you throw things away!   :(

grendel

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2011, 20:03 »
I replaced the rechargeable batteries on a cordless drill and a 12v lcordless light, with external connectors, put the matching end on a stretchy coiled cable with a car accessory plug, and now have a drill and light for my car.
can you adapt a connector, and get some sealed lead acid battery packs of a similar voltage and capacity that can be carried in a backpack to run the strimmer?
then you can have as many battery packs as you wish (can afford) and have a longer running time.
I use old  batteries from the battery recycling skip at work (old emergency lighting and security system batteries) which do me well enough, occasionally I get a really duff one - that goes back in the recycling skip.
Grendel
we do the impossible daily, miracles take a little longer.

stompy

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2011, 10:14 »
I replaced the rechargeable batteries on a cordless drill and a 12v lcordless light, with external connectors, put the matching end on a stretchy coiled cable with a car accessory plug, and now have a drill and light for my car.
can you adapt a connector, and get some sealed lead acid battery packs of a similar voltage and capacity that can be carried in a backpack to run the strimmer?
then you can have as many battery packs as you wish (can afford) and have a longer running time.

Great idea Grendel,

I used the same for my headlight for fishing for years.
I baught a sealed lead acid battery and connected it in the same way and it lasted for hours and hours.

you just need to buy the correct voltage battery and as big an Ah as you can manage.
The batterys are between £10 and £30 each and last for ever if looked after.

xx
cordless strimmer

Started by mandycharlie on Equipment Shed

9 Replies
Last post April 25, 2008, 11:42
by Bombers
xx
Cordless strimmer

Started by snowdrops on Equipment Shed

7 Replies
Last post June 14, 2018, 18:51
by snow white
xx
cordless strimmer

Started by Jo on Equipment Shed

9 Replies
Last post May 30, 2007, 21:41
by pedro
xx
Cordless strimmer advice please...

Started by Growster... on Equipment Shed

10 Replies
Last post February 28, 2012, 20:32
by Ice

Page created in 0.211 seconds with 36 queries.