A pressing matter?

• 19 Replies

Lillibet

Re: A pressing matter?
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2011, 08:34 »
We pointed a friend in the direction of the homebrew shop that we use when he had a good harvest of apples and no idea what to do with them. He managed to rent a cider press for a very reasonable amount. Worth considering if you cannot buy a cider press and don't have time to make one.

JohnB

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2011, 14:34 »
 Nice one but I have not found one that does that pity as it would trying it out just to see how much time it saves? Thanks JB

JohnB

« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2011, 14:42 »
   Well down to my last 6 or 7 gallons out of the 33 I made (threw one away). Some were excellent very highly rated by people who drunk them and came back for more...........maybe I shouldn't have offered? one of my best I hadn't even tried before taking it to Rugby.......* it was superb never mind, must check it first. Most importantly I have kept excellent records and I am farily confident on which blends worked best number 1 is Bramley and Blenheim orange although not in exact proprtion. And my Sloe Cider was just the best in the world. I reckon I could sell it, I wont because I want it all for myself.

JohnB

« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2011, 14:47 »
 PS sick of apple crumbles made about 70 using used ready made meal cartons. You can use them in the oven and the feeze them and micro them when needed but have started to go off them??

JohnB

« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2011, 14:59 »
it takes quite a lot of pressuer to get the juice out,

My wife would clearly and justifiably go mad if I used the tumble drier

It is not a tumble dryer I am using, it is a clothers spiner, i.e it just does a the spin cycle like a washing machine.

It spins at about 2000 rpm, so using centrifugal force, far more so than most DIY type presses.

You can buy them second hand for about £20 + an electric garden shredder for about £20 and have a far btter set-up than you would pay hundreds/thousands of pounds for

THIS SOUNDS LIKE AN EXCELLENT IDEA. SO SHREDDER TO  SPINNER. CAN YOU GIVE ME ANY IDEA ABOUT THE OUTPUT OR PUT ANOTHER WAY HOW DRY ARE THE SHREDDED APPLES AFTER SPIINING. I AM WELL SHORT OF ROOM BUT I THINK I COULD PROBABLY LEAVE IT OUTSIDE WELL COVERED FOR THE REST OF THE YEAR??? ARE WE TALKING ABOUT THE OLD TOP LOADING SPINNERS?? ANY PROBLEMS WITH BLOCKAGE ANYWHERE IN THE  MACHINE?? I AM LOOKING AT INCREASING MY OUTPUT NEXT YEAR TO ABOUT 50 OR MORE GALLONS (I GET THIRSTY AND SO DO MY FRIENDS). ANYTHING ELSE YOU CAN TELL ME PLEASE JB

xx
First pressing.

Started by thedadtony on Homebrew

3 Replies
Last post September 28, 2012, 20:54
by Growster...
xx
last pressing.

Started by thedadtony on Homebrew

2 Replies
Last post November 30, 2012, 19:29
by thedadtony

Page created in 0.122 seconds with 34 queries.