BULBS

• 3 Replies

rowlandwells

BULBS
« on: December 31, 2019, 18:00 »
the wife and me went to our local garden centre yesterday for a cuppa as you do on a cold miserable day we had a quick look round before tea and my wife noticed they where selling of there bulbs less than 50% of RRP including narcissi in large nets and pre packed tulip bulbs

so we bought a couple of nets of narcissi and some bags of tulip bulbs and a bale of compost we potted them on today in pots and although they had small shoots on them the bulbs where not soft so can you tell us if they will produce anything potting them on?

I really hope they do because we went back again today and bought another couple of nets and a bale of compost I think they mite reduce them even more after the new year to get rid of them  are they worth buying your advise will be most appreciated

greenjay

• Experienced Member
Re: BULBS
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2019, 19:25 »
I bought half price tulips and daffs before Christmas. the small packs seemed fine but I bought a 5kg sack of mixed daffs. when I had a proper look a lot were soft and there did not look like a lot of life in them. I have planted them and time will tell.
yours could not have been too bad or you would not have gone back for more.
worth a chance in my opinion.

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2019, 20:34 »
They should be OK and I agree they were worth a chance.  If they were shooting, they were alive  :)

The flowers are already in there in embryo form, as they are produced the previous year when the foliage dies down and feeds the bulbs back up. 

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2020, 16:49 »
I'm glad you asked this.  I've just remembered I have a bag of daff bulbs not yet in the ground …

Guess what I'm doing tomorrow …  ::)  :lol:
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

xx
What do I do with these bulbs?

Started by srush on General Gardening

6 Replies
Last post June 30, 2008, 22:31
by DD.
xx
Bulbs (help me please)

Started by yummy on General Gardening

6 Replies
Last post August 05, 2008, 20:42
by wellybabe
xx
Bulbs

Started by Yorkie on General Gardening

4 Replies
Last post June 10, 2011, 22:31
by viettaclark
xx
Bulbs

Started by HLS on General Gardening

4 Replies
Last post March 15, 2011, 18:00
by Trillium

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 36 queries.