Will our evil plan work?

• 3 Replies

chuckmad

Will our evil plan work?
« on: June 14, 2010, 10:32 »
about three weeks ago the OH and the FIL built a lovely run for our 5 hens.  One girl started to lay and we got two eggs. Then we went away for the weekend, the MIL and FIL were on hen duty.  Obviously we told them they could have any eggs the hens laid. But low and behold not one egg arrived, and we have not had any since.
We have come to the conclusion that they are laying in the ditch. 3 out of 5 have the red combs and wattles and 2 out these 3 will squat down when I come near.
Since easter we have gotten two eggs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2:
We are not happy. We came up with an evil plan to cover the top of the coop with net (normally put over fruit canes to stop birds eating the fruit).  We executed the plan yesterday (I will leave out the part about my OH cackling like a witch and laughing at the hens cos he thinks he's won  :D :D)
Its my birthday today and I am hoping for an omelete for my tea, here's hoping our evil plan has worked.

nicky d

• Experienced Member
  • super shane
Re: Will our evil plan work?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2010, 10:50 »
Happy birthday chuckmad,    as its your birthday i feel the least your girls could do for you would be to provide you with a fresh omlet, but i have a feeling your girls will be one step ahead of you lol lol,   you will have to let us know if you do indeed succeed  nickyx :lol: :lol: :lol:
4 girlies,  Nessa, Pamela, Stacey and Tina

chuckmad

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2010, 10:01 »
Still no eggs.
Yesterday, I went down with my gloves and bucket to clean out the run.  As usual they want to know what's in the bucket, but one of the hens jumped up on my back and it took me a while to get her off cos I couldnt stand up straight (net roof).
I'm not sure if she thought she could get out if she jumped up on me or if she wanted to show me that she's the boss and not me.
These hens have me boggled.  :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

chuckmad

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2010, 09:42 »
YIPEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It worked, we got one egg last night and one egg this morning, you never know we might have that omelete for tea.

xx
Getting evil eyes from Alphie again

Started by New shoot on Chicken Chat

17 Replies
Last post March 26, 2015, 13:07
by New shoot
xx
Greed, curiosity or evil intent?

Started by tosca100 on Chicken Chat

2 Replies
Last post October 06, 2013, 22:49
by ANHBUC
xx
Plan or ploy?

Started by Honeysuckle on Chicken Chat

1 Replies
Last post April 09, 2011, 07:42
by joyfull
xx
This is like clock work!!

Started by jinty1911 on Chicken Chat

5 Replies
Last post December 29, 2010, 15:37
by jinty1911

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 38 queries.