CCTV at home...

• 10 Replies

Growster...

CCTV at home...
« on: September 23, 2020, 12:01 »
We've had a spate of burglaries around here, some in broad daylight, and one when the dear old couple were watching TV one evening!

When our neighbour was burgled a couple of months ago, she was asleep upstairs, poor old love! But when the police came round, they noticed that there was no CCTV anywhere, so we're wondering if we should bite the bullet and get some cameras and more lights!

I see some on Amazon, but wonder what chums here might suggest, as we don't use mobiles, just iPads at home!

snowdrops

Re: CCTV at home...
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2020, 12:13 »
Mr G, I’ll ask my son as he’s installed just the same in his new home & caught an idiot who’s been launching eggs over his wall since they moved in.
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Growster...

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2020, 12:18 »
Mr G, I’ll ask my son as he’s installed just the same in his new home & caught an idiot who’s been launching eggs over his wall since they moved in.

Thank you Snows!

A chum up in the village filmed a bloke ploughing through his fence at 1.00am! Luckily, before the culprit scampered off at high speed, the number was very clear...!

I might get another shed alarm too, the old one never worked! (There's another spate of garden sheds being turned over as well)!

Fairy Plotmother

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2020, 13:49 »
We have ‘ring’ cameras back and front. I like to keep an eye on my car on the forecourt as thieves are about. They are particularly partial to catalytic converters. But as you have probably seen there are lots of different systems available. An app can be used on your iPad just as effectively as on a smart phone, so don’t worry about that side of things.

Goosegirl

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2020, 16:15 »
I could do with one too, plus something simple so I can see who it is when someone knocks at the door.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

Growster...

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2020, 18:30 »
I could do with one too, plus something simple so I can see who it is when someone knocks at the door.

That's important too, GG!

It's funny that there seem to be more dash cameras around than building ones!

snowdrops

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2020, 19:43 »
We have ‘ring’ cameras back and front. I like to keep an eye on my car on the forecourt as thieves are about. They are particularly partial to catalytic converters. But as you have probably seen there are lots of different systems available. An app can be used on your iPad just as effectively as on a smart phone, so don’t worry about that side of things.

My neighbours have ‘ring’ they can see who is at the door via their phones, so might be worth looking into GG

wapello

• Experienced Member
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2020, 13:06 »
Have a look at this cam the pictures are gin clear easy to use, i have two of them got them off fleabay 5W0hrTARpoMi use them out in the garden and can stand a real heavy frost they are waterproof as well best thing about
them is you can move them about to anyplace you like and being camo hard to see or find, worth a look
or if you know whos got one or in a camara shop ask for a demo,,,
« Last Edit: September 24, 2020, 13:49 by wapello »
Colin

snowdrops

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2020, 13:21 »
Mr G, son had his cctv from screwfix, apparently there are 2 priced ones & he had the cheaper, night vision is a bit less clear but still acceptable. Their trouble maker was aware of the cameras & took steps to hide his face, but no camera would have been able to see it in that scenario.

cressrt

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2020, 08:28 »
We have this security camera https://reolink.com/product/argus-2/, it is motion activated and is in good colour in daylight and B&W at night.  Links to a phone app and we have the solar panel to keep it charged.  You can adjust the range and blank out parts you don't want covered.

Fairy Plotmother

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2020, 08:58 »
We have this security camera https://reolink.com/product/argus-2/, it is motion activated and is in good colour in daylight and B&W at night.  Links to a phone app and we have the solar panel to keep it charged.  You can adjust the range and blank out parts you don't want covered.
Yep! That’s how the ring camera works except ours is plugged in, which meant drilling a hole in the window frame of course. But no real trouble.

xx
Thieving on lottie captured on cctv

Started by cardoon queen on Chatting on the Plot

5 Replies
Last post October 23, 2021, 18:54
by grinling
xx
Don't try this at home !

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

2 Replies
Last post April 10, 2019, 18:26
by mrs bouquet
xx
It's come home yay

Started by Yorkie on Chatting on the Plot

4 Replies
Last post August 03, 2022, 08:02
by snowdrops
xx
Selling our home.

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

7 Replies
Last post July 12, 2019, 12:35
by Goosegirl

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 50 queries.