The Daily Funny - Give us a Laugh!

• 4196 Replies

gypsy

Re: The Daily Funny - Give us a Laugh!
« Reply #615 on: July 08, 2010, 22:25 »
It's the way you tell'em Dave  :lol:
I have one eye with weaker sight than the other, silly!
Off the rack glasses have the same prescription in each lens..which is why I can't buy them :(...........they are soo much cheaper though
Buy 2 pairs of different strengths and swap the lenses, will save you £££££££££££££s if it works.
Catherine

Paul Plots

« Reply #616 on: July 08, 2010, 22:27 »
It's the way you tell'em Dave  :lol:
I have one eye with weaker sight than the other, silly!
Off the rack glasses have the same prescription in each lens..which is why I can't buy them :(...........they are soo much cheaper though
Buy 2 pairs of different strengths and swap the lenses, will save you £££££££££££££s if it works.

That is a very good idea and I think it would work too for reading glasses anyway.  ;)
Never keep your wish-bone where your back-bone ought to be.

WirralWally

• Experienced Member
« Reply #617 on: July 08, 2010, 22:45 »
Whilst the topic here is glasses, I'll share this.

My friend went to a cheap opticians and, for the first time, got a varifocal prescription.
He collected his specs and the optician warned him that he should take care as he may need some time to get used to varifocals.
My friend had terrible difficulty with them.
Someone greeted him in the street. He said 'I know the voice, but I can't see who you are', and explained that he had new specs.
That night he went to the pub, still having problems seeing correctly.
All night his friends joked about him needing a white stick or a guide dog.
He went home and attempted to watch the highlights of a world cup match on the tv, without success. All he could see was a blurred picture.
He was thinking that it must be really difficult to get used to varifocal lenses.
Having had a bit to drink he fell asleep in front of the tv.
As a joke, whilst he was asleep, his wife put his specs on his face upside down.
When he awoke, and looked at the tv, he exclaimed that he could now see perfectly well.

It transpires that his, cheapo, optician had put his new prescription lenses in upside down.  :)

The successes and failures of each year keep me motivated for the following year.

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #618 on: July 08, 2010, 22:55 »
I can believe that!
Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

Paul Plots

« Reply #619 on: July 09, 2010, 00:00 »
Have you ever watched anybody trying on pairs of cheap, over-the-counter, reading specs in supermarkets and other out-lets?

There's usually a mirror so you can see how much of a plonk (or not) you look in each different style. 

Why is it the manufacturers stick the label showing the magnification onto the lens (so you can’t see through it) or they attach some fiddly bit of plastic onto the bridge / frame... The wearer is supposed to be able to see what they look like in the mirror through all of this.

Enough to make you boss-eyed trying!  :wacko:

DavidT

« Reply #620 on: July 09, 2010, 19:53 »
Have you ever watched anybody trying on pairs of cheap, over-the-counter, reading specs in supermarkets and other out-lets?

There's usually a mirror so you can see how much of a plonk (or not) you look in each different style. 

Why is it the manufacturers stick the label showing the magnification onto the lens (so you can’t see through it) or they attach some fiddly bit of plastic onto the bridge / frame... The wearer is supposed to be able to see what they look like in the mirror through all of this.

Enough to make you boss-eyed trying!  :wacko:

I get around that by sending the wife to buy them. Get me a pair of 3 .5 please. :lol: :lol: 8)

azubah

• www.Godsaves.co.uk
« Reply #621 on: July 09, 2010, 20:36 »
AAADD- KNOW THE SYMPTOMS.....

Thank goodness there's a name for this disorder.

Recently, I was diagnosed with A.A.A.D.D - Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder.

This is how it manifests itself:

I decide to water my garden.

As I turn on the hose in the driveway, I look over at my car and decide it needs washing..

As I head towards the garage, I notice mail on the porch table that I picked up from the post man earlier.

I decide to go through the mail before I wash the car.

I lay my car keys on the table, put the junk mail in the recycling box under the table, and notice that the recycling box is full.

So, I decide to put the bills back on the table and take out the recycling first.

But then I think, since I'm going to be near the postbox when I take out the recycling paper anyway, I may as well pay the bills first.

I take my cheque book off the table, And notice that there is only one cheque left.

My extra cheques are in my desk in the study, so I go inside the house to my desk where I find the cup of coffee I'd been drinking.

I'm going to look for my cheques, but first I need to push the coffee aside so that I don't accidentally knock it over.

The coffee is getting cold, and I decide to make another cup.

As I head toward the kitchen with the cold coffee, a vase of flowers on the worktop catches my eye - the flowers need water.

I put the coffee on the worktop and discover my reading glasses that I've been searching for all morning.

I decide I better put them back on my desk, but first I'm going to water the flowers.

I put the glasses back down on the worktop, fill a container with water and suddenly spot the TV remote control. Someone left it on the kitchen table.

I realise that tonight when we go to watch TV, I'll be looking for the remote, but I won't remember that it's on the kitchen table, so I decide to put it back where it belongs, but first I'll water the flowers.

I pour some water in the flowers, but quite a bit of it spills on the floor.

So, I put the remote back on the table, get some towels and wipe up the spill.

Then, I head down the hall trying to remember what I was planning to do.

At the end of the day:

The car isn't washed

The bills aren't paid

There is a cold cup of coffee sitting on the counter

The flowers don't have enough water,

There is still only 1 cheque in my cheque book,

I can't find the remote,

I can't find my glasses,

And I don't remember what I did with the car keys.

Then, when I try to figure out why nothing got done today, I'm really baffled because I know I was busy all damn day, and I'm really tired.

I realise this is a serious problem, and I'll try to get some help for it, but first I'll check my e-mail....

Don't laugh - if this isn't you yet, your day is coming!!

That's me, too. Have you found out that you can't sleep at night, but can nod off any time the telly is on, yet?

Starling

• Experienced Member
« Reply #622 on: July 09, 2010, 23:00 »
AAADD- KNOW THE SYMPTOMS.....

Thank goodness there's a name for this disorder.

Recently, I was diagnosed with A.A.A.D.D - Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder.

This is how it manifests itself:

I decide to water my garden.

As I turn on the hose in the driveway, I look over at my car and decide it needs washing..

As I head towards the garage, I notice mail on the porch table that I picked up from the post man earlier.

I decide to go through the mail before I wash the car.

I lay my car keys on the table, put the junk mail in the recycling box under the table, and notice that the recycling box is full.

So, I decide to put the bills back on the table and take out the recycling first.

But then I think, since I'm going to be near the postbox when I take out the recycling paper anyway, I may as well pay the bills first.

I take my cheque book off the table, And notice that there is only one cheque left.

My extra cheques are in my desk in the study, so I go inside the house to my desk where I find the cup of coffee I'd been drinking.

I'm going to look for my cheques, but first I need to push the coffee aside so that I don't accidentally knock it over.

The coffee is getting cold, and I decide to make another cup.

As I head toward the kitchen with the cold coffee, a vase of flowers on the worktop catches my eye - the flowers need water.

I put the coffee on the worktop and discover my reading glasses that I've been searching for all morning.

I decide I better put them back on my desk, but first I'm going to water the flowers.

I put the glasses back down on the worktop, fill a container with water and suddenly spot the TV remote control. Someone left it on the kitchen table.

I realise that tonight when we go to watch TV, I'll be looking for the remote, but I won't remember that it's on the kitchen table, so I decide to put it back where it belongs, but first I'll water the flowers.

I pour some water in the flowers, but quite a bit of it spills on the floor.

So, I put the remote back on the table, get some towels and wipe up the spill.

Then, I head down the hall trying to remember what I was planning to do.

At the end of the day:

The car isn't washed

The bills aren't paid

There is a cold cup of coffee sitting on the counter

The flowers don't have enough water,

There is still only 1 cheque in my cheque book,

I can't find the remote,

I can't find my glasses,

And I don't remember what I did with the car keys.

Then, when I try to figure out why nothing got done today, I'm really baffled because I know I was busy all damn day, and I'm really tired.

I realise this is a serious problem, and I'll try to get some help for it, but first I'll check my e-mail....

Don't laugh - if this isn't you yet, your day is coming!!

That's me, too. Have you found out that you can't sleep at night, but can nod off any time the telly is on, yet?
Yep and I have only just hit 30, there is little hope for me

Paul Plots

« Reply #623 on: July 09, 2010, 23:03 »
A.A.A.D.D - Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder.. That happens to me on days when either I have plenty of time so relax and wander or I am very tired and can't concentrate.

On such occasions I try to do more and get less done and end up even more tired until I crash out and sleep it off for around 30 to 40 minute. After this I can focus...

Now what was I posting about?  :blink:

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #624 on: July 09, 2010, 23:38 »
sorry, I don't know...........I lost track of it all somewhere  :wacko:

Paul Plots

« Reply #625 on: July 09, 2010, 23:41 »
sorry, I don't know...........I lost track of it all somewhere  :wacko:

You're 'aving a larf wiv me!  ::)  :lol:

greenun

« Reply #626 on: July 10, 2010, 08:02 »
 I got AIDS

Always in debt syndrome

greenun

« Reply #627 on: July 13, 2010, 01:15 »
Just got this via email I'll briefalise it. (briefalise - a word that didn't exist 'til now)

Couple in their nineties go to doctor, complain about memory loss.
Doc says write everything down.
Couple sitting in lounge, husband says 'would you like some ice cream?' wife sez 'yes but you'd better write it down ' It's ok I'll remember it, how about peaches with that?
Lovely but write it down. Hubby says dont worry i won't forget.
He comes back 20 minutes later with a plate of bacon and eggs,
His wife said 'Where's the toast?'

Paul Plots

« Reply #628 on: July 13, 2010, 01:22 »
Just got this via email I'll briefalise it. (briefalise - a word that didn't exist 'til now)

Couple in their nineties go to doctor, complain about memory loss.
Doc says write everything down.
Couple sitting in lounge, husband says 'would you like some ice cream?' wife sez 'yes but you'd better write it down ' It's ok I'll remember it, how about peaches with that?
Lovely but write it down. Hubby says dont worry i won't forget.
He comes back 20 minutes later with a plate of bacon and eggs,
His wife said 'Where's the toast?'

This is as funny now as the first time I heard it....  :lol:

.............trouble is it really does happen!  :wacko:

hamstergbert

« Reply #629 on: July 13, 2010, 09:57 »
After Nigeria was eliminated from the world cup, the Nigerian goalkeeper has personally offered to refund all the expenses of fans who travelled to South Africa.

He said he just needs their bank details and pin numbers to complete the transaction.
The Dales - probably fingerprint marks where God's hand touched the world

xx
give us our daily bread

Started by rowlandwells on Chatting on the Plot

18 Replies
Last post March 13, 2022, 09:54
by lettice
xx
Deliveries? You're having a laugh!

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

11 Replies
Last post December 31, 2017, 19:23
by Christine
xx
laugh or cry .... you decide.

Started by Lardman on Chatting on the Plot

45 Replies
Last post January 16, 2019, 13:26
by Goosegirl
xx
A funny mis-read.

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

1 Replies
Last post November 03, 2023, 17:44
by wighty

Page created in 0.147 seconds with 55 queries.