Have you had Covid

• 63 Replies

mrs bouquet

Have you had Covid
« on: March 20, 2022, 13:36 »
or possible got it now.   If so how did it affect you and your life.   Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

GraciesGran

Re: Have you had Covid
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2022, 14:18 »
Husband and I both had it.  Like a really bad cold, I'm mildly asthmatic and it made me a bit wheezy but that meant slightly more use of my inhalers.  Has taken time to get appetite and energy levels back to normal.  We've both had 3 jabs.

I'm not sure what I expected it to be but it wasn't too bad but I assume that was partly because of being jabbed

snowdrops

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2022, 18:51 »
Thankfully not, can’t think with all these numbers rising that we will get away for long  :(  triple jabbed here too.
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

GraciesGran

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2022, 07:16 »
The are talking about a spring booster.  We will all resemble pin cushions by the time they have finished.

snowdrops

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2022, 07:43 »
Yes some people have already had it, I was speaking to a committee member yesterday & her son who is vulnerable has had a 4th jab. Rather that than the alternative for me, thank you.

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2022, 08:34 »
We may have had it. Both of us felt off-colour for about 3 days, I had a persistent headache too. Neither of us felt bad enough to think Covid and we weren't going anywhere so didn't take a test. Wish we had as I'd be a lot more comfortable knowing where I stand.
Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2022, 08:46 »
I've had a couple of 'heavy' colds, with aches and pains, but the LFTs said they weren't Covid.
So who knows  :wacko:

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2022, 10:36 »
It's a shame there isn't some simple test that you could take to tell you if you've had it and are pretty much immune. At least the Omicron variant isn't as pathogenic so somewhat less worrying.

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2022, 11:32 »
If you have had your jabs, your anti-body status would register from that so I think it it would be hard to say whether you had natural anti-bodies on top. I guess either would work, so it would not really matter  :)

The last wave (Omicron) was getting almost everyone, so you would have been hard pressed to miss it.  If you came through with just the normal winter off colour type bug symptoms, I would chalk that up as a positive and unless you have been told otherwise by the doctor, get out and enjoy the spring and summer as much as you can.  You know the old saying - 'gather your rosebuds while you may, the plague may strike again at any day'  ;)  :lol:

I've had a couple of 'heavy' colds, with aches and pains, but the LFTs said they weren't Covid.
So who knows  :wacko:

OH tested positive on PCR while testing negative on lateral flow last year and had no symptoms whatsoever, so make of that what you will  :wacko:

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2022, 11:49 »
It's a shame there isn't some simple test that you could take to tell you if you've had it and are pretty much immune. At least the Omicron variant isn't as pathogenic so somewhat less worrying.
Early on in the pandemic I was selected by the NHS to take part in an antibody response trial, to see how/if the first round of vaccines were working. They involved dripping a blood sample onto something similar to a diabetic glucose test unit. So yes there are tests, you'd think they'd make them more available than they are
https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/testing/antibody-testing-to-check-if-youve-had-coronavirus/

Plot 6B

• NRAA Website
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2022, 12:52 »
Yep, tested positive with PCR and flow test. Real heavy cold like symptoms.
20220125_101706.jpg
The fruits of success come from hard work!
A.K.A. Nige2plots

Subversive_plot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2022, 15:11 »
No (touch wood). 
Same for Mrs. SubP and son 1 / son 2.  (touch wood 3 more times).

I tested one time, negative.  We have vaccinated and boosted whenever it's been recommended and will continue to do so.  Also, we are regular mask-wearers in public places.

Fortunately, the desk I'm chained to while "teleworking" is made of wood, so I can touch wood all day long.
"Somewhere between right and wrong, there is a garden. I will meet you there."~ Rumi

Hampshire Hog

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2022, 15:53 »
Neither myself nor Mrs Hog have succumbed thus far.
However we are on full alert as son in law came down with it Saturday and grandson was positive by LFT today. They live in our village so we see them regularly.
Son in law is pretty rough but Grandson is bouncing around like tigger. Supposed to go up north this week so fingers crossed we don’t have it!!
Not sure they should have lifted all the constraints and stopped free LFTs. Agree that we need to get back to a “new normal” but we also need to be vigilant.
Keep digging

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2022, 16:03 »
When his parents got it, my 8 yr old grandson was a bit subdued for half a day. :)

MrsPea

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2022, 18:36 »
None of my family has had it, i dont really wont it either
I Love my green house

xx
Do you know anyone that has gotten the COVID jab yet?

Started by Subversive_plot on Chatting on the Plot

115 Replies
Last post May 30, 2021, 13:39
by Aunt Sally
xx
Covid positives...

Started by Growster... on Chatting on the Plot

7 Replies
Last post February 09, 2021, 16:33
by bobbyt
xx
Covid lockdown

Started by seashell on Chatting on the Plot

14 Replies
Last post September 16, 2020, 11:42
by New shoot
xx
Covid booster

Started by John on Chatting on the Plot

75 Replies
Last post February 16, 2022, 16:55
by MrsPea

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 52 queries.