Have you had Covid

• 63 Replies

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
Re: Have you had Covid
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2022, 09:34 »
Hopefully you'll be right as rain soon - meanwhile, take it easy and pamper yourself.
Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

mrs bouquet

« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2022, 10:48 »
Tested positive yesterday.  No symptoms except for a ghastly headache, wouldn't have tested except friend at the plot said that was her only symptom earlier in the year .

Oh, thats not very nice.  I wonder how you got that, are we becoming complacent now and dropping out guard.    I still wear my mask in any shops etc.    Take care, hope you feel better soon.   regards,  Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

GraciesGran

« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2022, 14:19 »
Hopefully you'll be right as rain soon - meanwhile, take it easy and pamper yourself.
Feet up at the moment, desperately thirsty but headache has eased. 

Still wearing mask when I'm in the shops, can't imagine going in one without it.  Husband clear so far. 

Rob the rake

« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2022, 23:24 »
Got the thing at Christmas after a family gathering, along with my wife and son. I was the only one of us that tested positive but we all had the same symptoms. Weird. Two weeks of misery followed, like a bad student hangover without the headache, if that makes sense. None of the traditional cold and flu symptoms, though; not even a sniffle.
Five months later I'm still not right and being investigated for long Covid, with horrible neurological disturbances, brain fog and periods of zero energy so complete that all thought and activity cease, like someone took out my batteries. It comes and goes, but the periods of abeyance are getting longer and the crappy parts are getting shorter - about half-and-half at the moment. It's a bind, but it's a vast improvement on 2 good days in a whole month, which is how it was in the beginning. Onwards and upwards!
A calloused palm and dirty fingernails precede a Green Thumb.

Plot 1 Problems

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2022, 23:38 »
Got the thing at Christmas after a family gathering, along with my wife and son. I was the only one of us that tested positive but we all had the same symptoms. Weird. Two weeks of misery followed, like a bad student hangover without the headache, if that makes sense. None of the traditional cold and flu symptoms, though; not even a sniffle.
Five months later I'm still not right and being investigated for long Covid, with horrible neurological disturbances, brain fog and periods of zero energy so complete that all thought and activity cease, like someone took out my batteries. It comes and goes, but the periods of abeyance are getting longer and the crappy parts are getting shorter - about half-and-half at the moment. It's a bind, but it's a vast improvement on 2 good days in a whole month, which is how it was in the beginning. Onwards and upwards!

That'll explain the contrails & moon planting then...

Rob the rake

« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2022, 23:58 »

That'll explain the contrails & moon planting then...

Couldn't resist the cheap shot, eh? How predictable.

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2022, 00:18 »
You know the problem with forums is that you only get a small portion of the communication. Body language and facial expressions etc. A jest can come over as an attack when that's not the intention.
Hope your long covid goes away soon Rob

Rob the rake

« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2022, 02:29 »
You know the problem with forums is that you only get a small portion of the communication. Body language and facial expressions etc. A jest can come over as an attack when that's not the intention.
Hope your long covid goes away soon Rob

That's what emoticons are for, John. Considering the subject matter and the profound suffering that many are going through it seemed a little crass. Thanks for your good wishes though; bless you, kind sir.

Hampshire Hog

« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2022, 09:59 »
Sorry to hear of yet more people getting the dreaded covid. Hope you recover soon.
One point to remember on masks is that unless they are serious medical standard masks theory is you are protecting others not mainly yourself. I still wear a mask in shops but try to avoid the unmasked breathing all over me! I must say it wouldn’t harm to have maintained the masking rule for shops a bit longer. The current situation is that those of us still wary of Covid are protecting others but many appear oblivious to the continued risks. As far as I can see the incidence of infection is greatly reduced but not eliminated.
Keep digging

GraciesGran

« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2022, 14:00 »
I feel exhausted, having a shower meant  I had a snooze to recuperate.  Can't shift the headache but still so thirsty. 

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2022, 15:26 »
The current situation is that those of us still wary of Covid are protecting others but many appear oblivious to the continued risks. As far as I can see the incidence of infection is greatly reduced but not eliminated.
The thing is, it is doesn't look as if it is going to be eliminated, we will have to learn to live with it, perhaps with a winter booster like older people have for 'ordinary' flu.
https://www.bmj.com/content/372/bmj.n494

GraciesGran

« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2022, 07:34 »
Mumofstig you are right, it will be an annual booster along with the flu jab.  BUT if it helps us stay healthy it will be worth it. 

GraciesGran

« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2022, 08:00 »
Just as I am starting to feel better my hypochondriac husband has  tested positive.  His will be the worst case ever that does not require admission to hospital!  The dog and I may very well relocate to the greenhouse.

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2022, 08:39 »
Just as I am starting to feel better my hypochondriac husband has  tested positive.  His will be the worst case ever that does not require admission to hospital!  The dog and I may very well relocate to the greenhouse.

Oh dear - hope he is not too bad with it … and goes easy on you and and dog  :ohmy:

At least you are feeling better now.  That’s good news at least  :)

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2022, 11:28 »
Hypochondria is very serious - give him a medical dictionary to read  :ohmy: :D :ohmy: ::)

xx
Do you know anyone that has gotten the COVID jab yet?

Started by Subversive_plot on Chatting on the Plot

115 Replies
Last post May 30, 2021, 13:39
by Aunt Sally
xx
Have the swallows got Covid 19?

Started by AlaninCarlisle on Chatting on the Plot

10 Replies
Last post May 16, 2020, 13:52
by wighty
xx
Covid 19 Vaccine

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

31 Replies
Last post December 12, 2020, 01:35
by John
xx
Covid positives...

Started by Growster... on Chatting on the Plot

7 Replies
Last post February 09, 2021, 16:33
by bobbyt

Page created in 0.191 seconds with 51 queries.