European Championship

• 29 Replies

Fairy Plotmother

Re: European Championship
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2021, 10:06 »
I take a passing interest in major football championships and will watch or listen. Tennis usually takes priority though. will be watching England v Scotland tonight !

mrs bouquet

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2021, 13:59 »
Football doesn;t finish until 11th July  :ohmy:  Mrs B
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2021, 18:12 »
So, d'you think tonight's a good time to go to the supermarket for quiet shop, then?!  :wub:

I remember - years ago - driving down the M1 to Gardeners World Live at a time when England were playing in probably the World Cup.  Never seen a motorway so quiet, especially as it was about 9am on a Friday morning  :lol:
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2021, 10:59 »
Watched Denmark v Wales last night - at half time Wales were 1 down, and one of the pundits stated 'it's the knockout stages and the second half will be pivotal for Wales to get back into the game, scoring 1, and hopefully 2 goals.'

I wannabee a football pundit, seems like easy money to me!  ::) :lol:
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

wighty

« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2021, 19:22 »
Could they not have put something of general interest on another channel for us that are not interested.  I'm fed up of watching repeats.  I'm not particularly keen on tennis or cricket either so  early nights are in order, but that then usually means early mornings.

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2021, 22:17 »
Wighty, I have freeview so tend to find something non-sport on other channels if I'm so minded.

But today, with Wimbledon, England football, and F1 qualifying, I've been rather spoilt for choice!

The England football team's result this evening is even more impressive when you realise that no other team, ever, has kept a clean sheet in their opening five games of a Euros; and that England have now kept seven consecutive clean sheets for the first time in their 149 year history.

Tenhens

• freedom lodge for tenhens ex battery 1 year on
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2021, 08:04 »
One piece of Euro news you may  have missed is Ciro Immobile , the Italian , who was  ' injured '  and laying in the penalty area , has helping research in to a alternative to the ' magic spray '  .  During their game against Belgium we saw another Italian team member score resulting in his immediate recovery and  a rapid sprint to join the goal celebrations.

The makers of the ' magic spray ' are not impressed.
we also rescue rabbits and guinea pigs, grow own veg

wighty

« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2021, 20:07 »
Having now seen the Schedule for tomorrow, I'm just going to turn it off I think.  I'm fed up all day today with reporters saying 'everybody'. And then the shocked  faces on Phillip and Holly's faces that some people 'may' not be interested.. ::)

al78

« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2021, 19:34 »
Could they not have put something of general interest on another channel for us that are not interested.

That's what DVD boxsets are for.

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2021, 00:14 »
Since Wales were out, I was hoping for the second choice. Really thought England would do it but the curse of the penalties struck.  :( :(
Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

Kleftiwallah

« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2021, 09:47 »
I was walking across the corner of the parade square of 3 wing of RAF Halton shortly after enrolling as a "Trenchard Brat boy entrant" training later to become a Crabfat rigger when I heard a roar from the NAAFI television room.  That was the winning of the World cup 1966, I couldn't give (as my old Dad used to say)  " A tinker's cuss" and I still can't.

Cheers,  Tony. :D
I may be growing OLD, but I refuse to grow UP !

mrs bouquet

« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2021, 12:03 »
But Novak beat the Italian in the Tennis Final  :D  Mrs Bouquet

MrsPea

« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2021, 15:22 »
Could they not have put something of general interest on another channel for us that are not interested.

Here here we watch one nearly every night, after all the rubbish thats been on  :)
I Love my green house

al78

« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2021, 22:45 »

Here here we watch one nearly every night, after all the rubbish thats been on  :)

My father bought me The Good Life, Keeping Up Appearances, and Birds Of A Feather for Christmas last year. I watched one or two episodes most evenings, it took five months to get through them.

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2021, 00:18 »
The TV audience was 31 million for the end which is the highest since the funeral of Princess Diana for a program. With multi-channel tv, that strikes me as pretty 'general interest'

I really thought England would win after that early goal but it wasn't to be. I'm not a football fan but watched on the edge of my seat throughout.

What a shame that a bunch of thugs were rampaging at the same time and keyboard warriors making stupid racist comments after.  Pretty sad display by the team with their medals after, too.

Page created in 0.167 seconds with 52 queries.