Life hacks...

• 3 Replies

Growster...

Life hacks...
« on: June 11, 2021, 20:35 »
We've never had a washing-up machine, because we always used to chat during the aftermath of lunch or dinner, and finish/start a new bottle of wine...

So, Life Hack Number One...

When you have a squeezy bottle of washing-up liquid, just wait a few days, then squeeze it, stick the top into clean hot water (before the washing-up), and release the bottle!

Result - many weeks of the same stuff if you do it regularly, but after a few years, the dosh mounts up...

Here is the place for all our life hacks, and I bet there are far too many to shake a stick at...

Off you go!

JayG

• Global Moderator
Re: Life hacks...
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2021, 09:26 »
Top tip for opening a ring-pull can of sardines without seriously injuring yourself - get someone else to open it for you!  :unsure:  :lol:

What I actually do is use a knife blade to ease up the ring (saves broken fingernails), then a pair of long nose pliers to wind the ring and lid off the can, using a cloth to both hold and cover the can so it 1) doesn't slip from my grasp at the vital moment, and 2) prevents the almost inevitable slug of tomato sauce or sunflower oil splattering the wall as the lid finally breaks away from the can.

(As you've probably guessed by now, the ring pull can would not be on my top ten list of great inventions!)
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

Lardman

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2021, 10:18 »
(As you've probably guessed by now, the ring pull can would not be on my top ten list of great inventions!)
Nope - it's right up there with corned beef keys and "resealable" rice/pasta bags. I bought Mother Lard one of these https://www.lakeland.co.uk/4418/Magipull-Tin-Can-Ring-Pull-Opener back in the day.

jaydig

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2021, 18:14 »
When you think. you have squeezed all you possibly can from a tube of something, cut the tube horizontally about two thirds up from the bottom.  The contents that remain in it will probably last anything from one more week up to around three.  Use the remains from the bottom two thirds of the tube first, slipping this over the top third after each use to keep the contents usable.  I have just finished using up a tube of sun block that most people would have thrown away two weeks ago.  I sometimes feel a bit mean, but not only does it save money it prevents a few extra pieces of plastic adding to the pollution that already clutters up this world of ours.

xx
Life hacks...

Started by Growster... on Chatting on the Plot

6 Replies
Last post March 28, 2021, 19:22
by Subversive_plot
xx
Garden hacks

Started by wapello on Chatting on the Plot

1 Replies
Last post May 01, 2020, 07:55
by Growster...
xx
Bag for life.

Started by Lardman on Chatting on the Plot

4 Replies
Last post February 09, 2023, 09:54
by Subversive_plot
xx
Wishing one's life away?

Started by AlaninCarlisle on Chatting on the Plot

15 Replies
Last post December 15, 2017, 17:07
by rowlandwells

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 39 queries.