Car Insurance Renewal

• 9 Replies

mrs bouquet

Car Insurance Renewal
« on: June 01, 2021, 13:09 »
What an exhausting thing to do.  For the first time ever I succumbed to Go Compare, it took 2 hours !!!
Anyway rang the best two companies, and then went through it all again.   Time for breakfast and a headache pill    :mad:  Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

jezza

Re: Car Insurance Renewal
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2021, 17:40 »
Hello you have all the rejected ones to look forward to contacting you ,they'll try and get the price down I've had the same problem with my business insurance  the conditions and exemptions were ridiculous ,I got that mad with one company I asked them to give me a quote  for one helper they asked how often he was with me I said all the time  it's my shadow  only got one quote ,tell them you are related to Scrooge and like to keep your money    jezza

Growster...

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2021, 07:15 »
Fortunately or unfortunately, one way of looking at getting quotes for these items, and more expensive ones like electricity etc., is that although you may have thought you've wasted a couple of hours, if you make a saving of - say - £100.00, your time has been worth £50.00 an hour, which is a much better rate than I ever got when I was working!

I know I bang on about getting quotes etc., but if you have just a little spare time, you can save anything up to £700.00 a year on everything where you can take control of where you buy - I know, because I did exactly that one year!

But it is a pain, I agree...

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2021, 09:15 »
My motor insurance was due for renewal in January, and to my amazement the premium had actually gone down this year!  :ohmy:  :)

Like you and countless others Mrs. B, I've previously had the almost annual chore of jumping through hoops to avoid getting ripped off by my current insurer (home and car.)

This BBC article suggests that things will change from next year. Fingers crossed, and let's hope there isn't an unexpected downside to the plan...
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

GraciesGran

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2021, 12:40 »
Was quoted £60 more than last year by current insurance company.  After jumping through the comparison site hoops the same company quoted £80 less than last year.

Aspirin and lay down followed.

Goosegirl

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2021, 17:11 »
Two years ago we went for NFU Mutual (who I don't think are on comparison sites) as they have a branch in town so you can speak to real people. Their quote for our home and car insurance was surprisingly quite a bit less than what we were paying plus they are a well-recommended firm.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

Welsh Merf

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2021, 08:50 »
I got a speeding ticket last month in Yorkshire. I'm still waiting for the penalty from Yorkshire Police before I inform the insurance company. I was driving my neighbour's car, so he got the ticket, and returned it with my name on it. I signed and returned my bit, and still waiting for a reply.

My insurance renewal is due next month as well. Should be interesting!
I may be Welsh, but I love ewe anyway!

See my diary pages here

and add a comment here

Welsh Merf

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2021, 19:06 »
Update!

Regarding the above speeding ticket, I've been offered a speed awareness course on-line, which I have booked for 1st July. I thought I'd be honest and inform my car insurance company (General Accident aka Aviva).

No fine, no penalty points . . . not interested. Nothing changes.  ::) :tongue2:

So, if anybody else has the same misadventure . . . you know what to do.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2021, 15:21 »
When I was doing my renewal.  I decided to go AA, paid them and for breakdown as well.  The following day I decided to cancel it.  Which I did, followed by a cancellation letter.     Two days ago, I received my insurance cover from them.  Today I received my breakdown cover Policy.  I shall be watching my bank statement very carefully.   Mrs B

jezza

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2021, 17:33 »
I got a speeding warning ticket from the local speed watch group ,at the time I was in an insurance office sorting public liability quotes ,our community speed watch are good they got a combine harvester that was  on trade plates for speeding    jezza

xx
Car insurance renewal costs !!

Started by Hampshire Hog on Chatting on the Plot

18 Replies
Last post October 04, 2023, 12:37
by Growster...
xx
House insurance renewal costs !!

Started by JayG on Chatting on the Plot

6 Replies
Last post November 25, 2023, 19:38
by jaydig
xx
Van insurance

Started by jezza on Chatting on the Plot

1 Replies
Last post August 11, 2022, 16:23
by New shoot
xx
Car insurance time

Started by Lardman on Chatting on the Plot

7 Replies
Last post September 27, 2022, 23:03
by jezza

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 44 queries.