17th May

• 8 Replies

mrs bouquet

17th May
« on: May 16, 2021, 18:50 »
Lots of lifted restrictions lifted tomorrow,  so what are you going to do that you have missed so much ?
What ever it is, enjoy.    I am not doing anything different to my normal, don't really want to go out, but must go down the local g/c and get more potting compost.  Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

rowlandwells

Re: 17th May
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2021, 19:26 »
basically the same Mrs B going down the G/C Tue  when you shop there on Tuesdays you get discount on the G/C club card Tue and Thurs it all depends on the weather we are desperately trying to plant our potatoes but as soon as the ground dries up down comes the rain and we are back to square one and looking at the coming week rains imminent  :mad:

we can always look forward to having a cup of tea in the G/C from Monday or have a pint or two down the pub to drown our sorrows we mite even venture to a supermarket but it seems every time we go shopping even at our local shop social distancing is a thing of the past something I'm not to happy about maybe I'm a bit to cautious but i feel better safe than sorry

snowdrops

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2021, 20:08 »
Not much ch different really, will be going to see my daughter though, we have been briefly in the last few months but either been outside or popped inside briefly due to helping with major renovations.
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

hasbeans

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2021, 05:41 »
I'm staying locked away for at least another month.  Once the wife and I have had both jabs and the new variant/lockdown lifting surge of infections has passed we will start seeing a few friends/family at home or even venture to a pub beer garden if it's quiet, but not yet.  Our region has consistantly had high infection rates and they are still much higher than average.  We haven't seen anyone face to face for over a year now but there are plenty of scientists/clinicians disagreeing with the governments lifting of measures and I trust that group far more than that of mealy-mouthed politicians.

al78

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2021, 16:08 »
Hug a woman.

GraciesGran

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2021, 17:05 »
Been out for lunch with daughter in law. We sat outside and although it could have been warmer it was lovely.  Tables well spaced out, felt safer than being in the supermarket.

MrsPea

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2021, 18:33 »
Went shopping first thing this morning 7-15  it was lovely hardly anybody about  :D that was it  :)
I Love my green house

GraciesGran

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2021, 07:06 »
Met a friend yesterday, sat inside as rain was bucketing down.   Tables well spaced out, cleaned before we sat down, left contact details, coffee and cake and a natter. 

The only place I have felt uncomfortable during all this is the supermarket because they have no control on who is in the shop.

Goosegirl

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2021, 09:58 »
I had a huge hug with my "daughter-in-lieu" as I call her then went to Lancaster to get one or two items. I've never seen Boot's so empty - it was almost eerie!  :unsure:
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

Page created in 0.161 seconds with 45 queries.