Monty Don's exit

• 21 Replies

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
Re: Monty Don's exit
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2021, 14:26 »
Monty often suggests planting in threes or fives, not much good for my little gardens.   It would be nice if he remembered that we don't all have gardens the size of his.    Mrs Bouquet

Well yes indeed.  It's common garden design practice to suggest - where you have space to plant more than one of a plant - using an odd number of plants rather than an even number.  Looks less regimented.  But that doesn't mean you can't plant a single one!!
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2021, 15:15 »
To be honest, I don't much like seeing all the viewers and their gardens, don't mind 1 now an again - but their just seems to many of them in each programme, right now *sigh*
Much preferred the Carol Klein prog on Channel 5 :)

Growster...

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2021, 17:13 »
One of the stupidest statements I've ever seen alowed on the BBC was that 'gardening was racist'!

Nuff said- no more from an enraged Growster on the subject, but we all know here what really is going on, and it's not ideal for normal citizens like us who come here to talk gardens, large or small, help each other, chat everyone up, laugh a lot and become online chums. The BBC need to sort themselves out PDQ.

I'm just out to water the fruit bushes, and it's started to rain...

rowlandwells

« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2021, 09:26 »
well i must say I criticized some what I call tosh on gardeners world but after seeing a gardening program on the television last night G/W looks a better choice I don't think I will be watching that again my time would be better spent reading a good garden mag

I'm not a favourite of garden makeovers anyway that was basically the same old same but i have to say after watching  that it made carol Klein's program top of the pops she is absolutely a very good down to earth presenter can't wait till her next prog

now some of the tv channels are getting into TV gardening there's still a space on sky for our own garden hero John Harrison he would make a first class presenter  :)

snowdrops

« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2021, 14:31 »
Yes I too watched last nights offering but it won’t be high on my list of must watches, I thought it was quite poor, both the chap with the braces & the girl in a boiler suit have both appeared on gardeners world showing their garden spaces before, the chap has recently been a presenter/designer on How to make your garden perfect ‘ or something like that.  I quite liked that one, the other designers were quite good, it’s on the iplayer if you’re looking for it. The girl in the boiler suit lived on a narrow boat , they replayed her film again last week or the week before on GW, didn’t know she’d gone into presenting though (she was a model) bit like Rachel De Thame
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

RubyRed

• Experienced Member
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2021, 07:41 »
  God forbid the beeb should revamp anything. It usually means dumbing down and ticking boxes. The new gardening programme great garden revolution or something is a case in point. Give me Monty any day.

rowlandwells

« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2021, 18:56 »
I think I'm going  to stick with the sound advise i get from the many professional gardeners on this site when i need it  :D

xx
Monty s Down to earth

Started by Tenhens on Chatting on the Plot

1 Replies
Last post August 25, 2022, 15:21
by New shoot
xx
Monty on plastic

Started by rowlandwells on Chatting on the Plot

7 Replies
Last post March 27, 2018, 15:48
by Toosje
xx
Monty' s Nigel RIP

Started by Tenhens on Chatting on the Plot

6 Replies
Last post May 12, 2020, 13:22
by MrsPea
xx
Monty on the farm

Started by rowlandwells on Chatting on the Plot

2 Replies
Last post February 09, 2021, 11:39
by rowlandwells

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 44 queries.