Covid 19 Vaccine

• 31 Replies

mrs bouquet

Covid 19 Vaccine
« on: December 09, 2020, 13:26 »
This is surely a wonderful way forward now in the fight against this pandemic.

However, IMO, it would be a good idea to give it promptly to GP's  then perhaps we could get a Doctors appointment other than by phone in 4 weeks time !!!!   Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

Goosegirl

Re: Covid 19 Vaccine
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2020, 13:29 »
I'm sure they will be one of the front-line people to have this so don't worry.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

Kleftiwallah

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2020, 14:24 »
   71 year old overweight diabetic with osteoarthritis,  Why haven't I been called?   

But then the side effects are still not fully understood.  I don't want to stand up in three weeks time and my bum falls off!

Cheers,  Tony.
I may be growing OLD, but I refuse to grow UP !

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2020, 14:52 »
All the over 80s and hospital staff before you Klefti

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2020, 16:01 »
   71 year old overweight diabetic with osteoarthritis,  Why haven't I been called?   

But then the side effects are still not fully understood.  I don't want to stand up in three weeks time and my bum falls off!

Cheers,  Tony.

You will only be called when the distribution and call up systems are worked out, Tony.  If you were on the “shielding” list for the first lockdown you would be one of the first called.

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2020, 16:38 »
Hi Tony
Can't help with your vaccine but I strongly recommend The 8-Week Blood Sugar Diet by Dr Michael Mosely
It's tough but not too tough and you can reverse Type 2 diabetes, lose weight and feel loads better. Might even help your osteoarthritis symptoms too. My blood sugars went from "Have you made a will, here's a pen" to the normal range very quickly with the help of this book.
Best of luck
John
Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

Christine

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2020, 16:53 »
I'm not t the forefront of getting the vaccine as I'm still in tier 4 till 21st of this month. However having no health risks I'll just settle for the 2nd knee replacement I've been offered on December 23rd.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2020, 17:00 »
Seems like a good time to go in, if you aren't keen on Christmad anyway.... Staff should all be vaccinated by then as well :)
Good luck!

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2020, 18:07 »
Getting vaccines into people is going to be a huge task - we're hoping to get it by April but there are about 5 million in the queue before us. And rightly so  ;)

Even when vaccinated if it's 95% effective it will be best to be mindful of the risk.

grinling

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2020, 22:17 »
It will take time for vaccines to be made and the 2 American ones are very expensive compared to the British one. All have to be approved, with 2 doses per vaccine. 6 variants of Sars and how much will other countries buy and how much will people have to pay to get it in some countries.
We are going to remain vulnerable for some time yet.

snowdrops

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2020, 08:42 »
Countries have already ‘put aside’ money for 3rd world countries to provide the vaccines for them
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2020, 09:37 »
Countries have already ‘put aside’ money for 3rd world countries to provide the vaccines for them
I think that comes under 'enlightened self-interest' - lest the developed world becomes an island of health in a sea of illness. Great as it is to have a vaccine, the ultra-cold requirements present a huge challenge especially to countries that have problems with power infrastructure etc.
I expect we'll see the less demanding vaccines being approved soon now which will make it much easier to inoculate people in volume.

coldandwindy

• Experienced Member
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2020, 11:05 »
@Kleftiwallah; -
You wont be getting called until well into spring. 70-80 year olds and "shielding" people are in the second group. The first is the over 80s, those in care homes and workers at care homes. There are more people in that first group than can be done with all the Pfizer vaccines ordered so you'll be waiting for the Oxford one to be rolled out most likely.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2020, 11:07 by coldandwindy »

MrsPea

« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2020, 11:46 »
I'm not t the forefront of getting the vaccine as I'm still in tier 4 till 21st of this month. However having no health risks I'll just settle for the 2nd knee replacement I've been offered on December
Good luck with that Christine i've had both mine done and haven't looked back, what a day to do it before Christmas have a good one.  :)
I Love my green house

Glosterboy

• Experienced Member
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2020, 14:26 »
I may have missed it? But, is anybody aware of the group vaccination scheduling? Currently, people of Group 1 conditions are being vaccinated. When does the vaccination of people with Group 2 conditions begin? After all Group 1 people have had their 2nd vaccination? And then dates for people within the remaining groups? I have a generic text from my local surgery "don't contact us, we will contact you". Fair enough. But, surely there is a vaccination scheduling somewhere? Thanks.

xx
Do you know anyone that has gotten the COVID jab yet?

Started by Subversive_plot on Chatting on the Plot

115 Replies
Last post May 30, 2021, 13:39
by Aunt Sally
xx
Have you had Covid

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

63 Replies
Last post July 24, 2022, 23:20
by John
xx
Covid positives...

Started by Growster... on Chatting on the Plot

7 Replies
Last post February 09, 2021, 16:33
by bobbyt
xx
Have the swallows got Covid 19?

Started by AlaninCarlisle on Chatting on the Plot

10 Replies
Last post May 16, 2020, 13:52
by wighty

Page created in 0.17 seconds with 52 queries.