Do you know anyone that has gotten the COVID jab yet?

• 115 Replies

snowdrops

Re: Do you know anyone that has gotten the COVID jab yet?
« Reply #75 on: April 21, 2021, 12:06 »
I'm still waiting for my first jab. They still haven't got to the low 40's age group yet.

I’m sure it won’t be long now, I’ll feel much happier when I’ve had my 2nd
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #76 on: April 21, 2021, 12:49 »
I'm still waiting for my first jab. They still haven't got to the low 40's age group yet.
They've done about 60% of the 40 to 50 group, 30% of the 30 to 40 group and near 20% of the 18-29 year olds
in Wales
Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

jezza

« Reply #77 on: April 21, 2021, 18:13 »
Hello I got call this morning can I go for my second injection on Saturday morning as I'm taking my mother for hers we agreed a time then I asked if they had got the Pfizer injection in,oooh we havent it's only the Astra Zenica,so I'm having to wait for mine    jezza

Subversive_plot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #78 on: April 21, 2021, 21:19 »
Mrs. Subversive got her second Pfizer yesterday.  Today she reported feeling sore, out of sorts, and a bit cross.  I'm not sure if the second jab was was responsible; it could've been me, especially that last bit.
"Somewhere between right and wrong, there is a garden. I will meet you there."~ Rumi

GraciesGran

« Reply #79 on: April 22, 2021, 16:28 »
Surgery just rang, they've had a cancellation so husband gets his second jab tomorrow instead of next week.  I'm about 10 days later, have booked lunch with friends for end of May to celebrate.

Growster...

« Reply #80 on: April 22, 2021, 17:54 »
We were seen to at Headcorn Aerodrome on Sunday, and the organisation was superb, with lots of happy banter, and a general feeling of goodwill all round!

GB has led the way to do this huge operation, and everyone I speak to thinks that we're fortunate in having the process so well organised!

Sounds a bit smug, I know, but when we have a flag, then wave it, like we will tomorrow on St Georges Day!

Subversive_plot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #81 on: April 22, 2021, 18:05 »
We had our jabs - no side effects yet although a strange urge for bananas and a desire to invade Poland has overtaken me!

I just had my second jab 2 hours ago!  :D

Strange, but I __ALSO__ have a craving for bananas, and can't stop thinking about invading Poland!  But, I'm happy to report that neither urge is any worse than they were three years ago.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 18:06 by Subversive_plot »

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #82 on: April 23, 2021, 10:04 »
We were seen to at Headcorn Aerodrome on Sunday, and the organisation was superb, with lots of happy banter, and a general feeling of goodwill all round!
When our tom cat was seen to, goodwill was not on his agenda  :ohmy:

Yes, we've done a good brilliant job on the vaccines. We've also saved many lives across the world by finding treatments that help improve outcomes for those who get ill. And today the Oxford team have announced a new vaccine that's very effective against Malaria that kills half a million people a year and lays 200 million ill. Them thar pointy head scientifical folks are amazing.  :D

snowdrops

« Reply #83 on: April 24, 2021, 08:30 »
Yes they really are John & I hope get rewarded some way someday soon, unlike some of the politicians & all their wranglings!

GraciesGran

« Reply #84 on: May 13, 2021, 09:08 »
Second jab yesterday.  Unfortunately this time I got the nurse who can't give injections and have a fist sized bruise on my arm.  Treating it as a badge of honour.

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #85 on: May 13, 2021, 09:45 »
Son-in-law has had his jab a few days ago. Wales seems to be doing anyone over 18 now which is great. A different approach to England that seems to be still working on smaller age bands. Obviously Wales has a smaller population and more rural population so that may be why they're doing it that way. They've jabbed 41%+ of the 30-39 group and 21%+ of the 18 to 29 group so far.

al78

« Reply #86 on: May 13, 2021, 11:08 »
I'm getting my first jab next Friday, the second one on the 6th August.

Subversive_plot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #87 on: May 14, 2021, 06:36 »
Here, they are opening up COVID vaccination to anyone 12 years and older.
Unfortunately, states like mine are counteracting the vaccine by completely eliminating mask and social distancing requirements.

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #88 on: May 14, 2021, 09:24 »
Here, they are opening up COVID vaccination to anyone 12 years and older.
Unfortunately, states like mine are counteracting the vaccine by completely eliminating mask and social distancing requirements.
We know that older children can get Covid and, even if they don't get ill often, spread it so that vaccinating the over 12s seems a very sensible move.
 Quite when to stop social distancing etc. is complex but since the USA is still a little behind us on the vaccine front, my feeling is that it's far too early.
Without being political, our government has done a top job on vaccinations but I think we've consistently been slow to go into lockdown and the foreign travel situation is just incredible. When people came back from India after travel there was restricted via Turkey to avoid quarantine hotel it was no surprise the 'India variant' got a foothold.
Hopefully next year's enquiry into the handling of things will look at what was done so lessons can be learned rather than a political point scoring competition. Pigs might fly.

Growster...

« Reply #89 on: May 14, 2021, 18:13 »
Too true, John.

Nobody likes 'politicians' telling 'the people' what to do, but when common sense is available to all for free, one wonders how all this blew up so badly!

Our passports expired over ten years ago and good riddance - we want to see The Cotswolds again one day, and a bit more of East Anglia! May take in a bit of your side of Wales too if we can!

xx
Have you had Covid

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

63 Replies
Last post July 24, 2022, 23:20
by John
xx
Covid booster

Started by John on Chatting on the Plot

75 Replies
Last post February 16, 2022, 16:55
by MrsPea
xx
Covid lockdown

Started by seashell on Chatting on the Plot

14 Replies
Last post September 16, 2020, 11:42
by New shoot
xx
Covid test

Started by GraciesGran on Chatting on the Plot

4 Replies
Last post November 29, 2020, 16:38
by New shoot

Page created in 0.199 seconds with 51 queries.