Do you know anyone that has gotten the COVID jab yet?

• 115 Replies

grinling

Re: Do you know anyone that has gotten the COVID jab yet?
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2020, 21:15 »
I play Hay Day on my phone so chat to people around the world. 1 lady in Brazil says that New Year celebrations cancelled and that people are not happy. Told her we have 1st vaccine in use and that next 2 due to be oked. She does wonder how long it will be before she gets it.

If someone reacts like Mr Dog said, should this be reported online somewhere? Trials were much smaller, so any info would help.

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2020, 22:21 »
If you have any problems with medications of any kind you should tell your GP who will report it on.

If you report on the C-19 Symptom study app they will have a system to report on after vaccination.

https://covid.joinzoe.com/

Mr Dog

« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2020, 22:40 »
I play Hay Day on my phone so chat to people around the world. 1 lady in Brazil says that New Year celebrations cancelled and that people are not happy. Told her we have 1st vaccine in use and that next 2 due to be oked. She does wonder how long it will be before she gets it.

If someone reacts like Mr Dog said, should this be reported online somewhere? Trials were much smaller, so any info would help.

It's a perfectly normal reaction to the vaccine and was seen many times during the trials (I've seen reports of volunteers suffering what they described as a 36 hour hangover). My friend's dad said he was told not to be surprised or alarmed if he got any of those symptoms but to contact his GP for anything more than a bit of discomfort and longer lasting effects (more than a couple of days).

Plot 1 Problems

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2020, 00:03 »

It's a perfectly normal reaction to the vaccine and was seen many times during the trials (I've seen reports of volunteers suffering what they described as a 36 hour hangover). My friend's dad said he was told not to be surprised or alarmed if he got any of those symptoms but to contact his GP for anything more than a bit of discomfort and longer lasting effects (more than a couple of days).

Many people get these reactions to the flu vaccine and other jabs. They're what happens when the body commits to supporting the immune system's response over things like temperature regulation and other day to day functions.

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2020, 09:07 »
My doctor’s practise got their first round of jabs on Tuesday.   I only know because a friend of a friend works there.

They had the flu jabs organised like a military operation over the autumn, so I’m expecting them to do the same with the COVID ones pretty soon and start calling people in.

GraciesGran

« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2020, 08:20 »
Having just recovered from covid my paramedic son in law had his yesterday.  Not sure it was the Christmas present he wanted.

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: December 26, 2020, 08:54 »
Having just recovered from covid my paramedic son in law had his yesterday.  Not sure it was the Christmas present he wanted.

Probably not  :(

All the people working in health care are heroes for the way they have consistently put themselves in harms way and risked getting ill. Anyone moaning about restrictions needs to remember people like your son in law, who have to come and look after them if they do get sick.

I’m glad he recovered and I hope the injection doesn’t make him feel too bad.  Not great timing, but hopefully he is a bit safer now and even more so after the 2nd jab   :)

Mr Dog

« Reply #37 on: December 26, 2020, 13:00 »
Many people get these reactions to the flu vaccine and other jabs. They're what happens when the body commits to supporting the immune system's response over things like temperature regulation and other day to day functions.

Absolutely. A better start to my post would have been "It's a perfectly normal reaction to a vaccine...."

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2020, 11:54 »
My daughter has been given an appointment on Tuesday morning for hers...
 ;)

mrs bouquet

« Reply #39 on: December 27, 2020, 12:37 »
The vaccine hasn't even arrived at our Doctors yet !!!!  Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: December 27, 2020, 13:37 »
The vaccine hasn't even arrived at our Doctors yet !!!!  Mrs Bouquet
Nor ours, my daughter has to go to Maidstone, where they have one of the 'special' deep freezers..

Kleftiwallah

« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2021, 20:04 »
I has" Le Jab" yesterday and 36ish hours later no side effects at all.  Once again 'they' cannot find my particulars on t' computer.

Cheers,  Tony.
I may be growing OLD, but I refuse to grow UP !

al78

« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2021, 21:46 »
My bridge partner has had the jab. She reports the side effect of fatigue/sleepiness.

Stewarty

« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2021, 00:34 »
I had the Oxford jab here in Oxford on Saturday, at 1pm. Didn't even feel it go in. At 3am Sunday when I woke I was freezing cold, uncontrollable shivering and comically extravagant teeth chatterig. This continued till I finally fell asleep again. Next waking at 6am, very hot burning face.  These symptoms all gone during the day, though I find myself very reluctant to go out into the gale force freezing wind to check the allotment.....

snowdrops

« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2021, 08:37 »
Hubby had the jab yesterday, said it was a very organised affair he was home 4 minutes after his appointment time, that included a walk back to the car & a 5 minute drive home. No symptoms so far, surprising for him as he talks himself into what ever anyone else had  :D
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

xx
Have you had Covid

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

63 Replies
Last post July 24, 2022, 23:20
by John
xx
Covid test

Started by GraciesGran on Chatting on the Plot

4 Replies
Last post November 29, 2020, 16:38
by New shoot
xx
Covid-19 Scam

Started by Blewit on Chatting on the Plot

2 Replies
Last post January 14, 2021, 14:31
by jezza
xx
Covid 19 in Australia ?

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

2 Replies
Last post April 24, 2020, 12:38
by mrs bouquet

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 52 queries.