Getting my House Straight

• 7 Replies

mrs bouquet

Getting my House Straight
« on: July 06, 2020, 13:54 »
Discussions going on with the Builder about replacing the upstair velux windows and probably having the back reroofed as well.   The existing tiles are concrete, and have been there since 1965.  They are very brittle and no longer available.    Sensible head says do it all,  wallet says nooooo.
Have ordered a new kitchen tap (the same as exisiting) and told my plumber it is on its way.  Then I will be able to remove the cloth wrapped round it.
Ordered and paid for 4 bags of gravel to match existing for me to collect tomorrow.   
Have located and will collect 4 x 4x5" brackets to put up a shelf in shed.
Now I must speak with the Company who are going to rebuild my greenhouse and pig-sty.  I also will talk to him about rebuilding some things in the garden, to bring it back to former glory.
Then I must ring the TV licence people.
But now I am going to watch tennis  :D :D   Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

MrsPea

Re: Getting my House Straight
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2020, 14:55 »
Good for you hope it all works out OK, it's far cheaper to have the whole roof done all in one go instead of dibs and drabs you'll get a far better job done.  :)
I Love my green house

jezza

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2020, 20:42 »
Hello I hope the chap doing your velux window wasn't trained by the guy whose fitted one in a new house that's been built behind mine it's in upside down when the new occupants opened the window this weekend they got a shower   jezza

GraciesGran

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2020, 06:51 »
Perhaps they wanted an en-suite?!

snowdrops

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2020, 08:00 »
Perhaps they wanted an en-suite?!
:lol: :lol:
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

mrs bouquet

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2020, 11:53 »
The new tap has arrived, and I took the cloth off the existing and guess what, it is not leaking now  ::)
Have decided to have the whole roof and replacement Velux's, he will let me know when he can start.  Likewise with  Earth Architecture, he has two big gardens, then one small, then mine.    Each day his list gets longer, so I expect  they will do what they can in the time allotted and maybe come back.
I tried to buy a replacement "Gigaset" handset, one of my two cuts out after a few minutes.   I have tried all the usual things like batteries, swopping to different bases - but no.   The lady on the 'phone had such a strong accent, I couldn't understand a word she said,  I just said, sorry cannot understand you, and finished the call, so no new 'phone yet.
I don't suppose I will ever be finished, there will be other things, but it will be nice to get these two big things done.     The joys of being a house-owner    :D :D  Mrs B

Christine

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2020, 17:39 »
You know Mrs B there's something to be said for renting at our age. Well if you choose your landlord right and pick the house right. Mine's possible - the equivalent one run by the county council is a bit more lackadaisical.

jezza

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2020, 09:17 »
Hello have you got rechargeable batteries in your phone if they're not they soon go down,  an elderly lady I worked for had problems with hers we got new rechargeable batteries  no more problems   jezza

xx
Let's tell it straight.

Started by Kleftiwallah on Chatting on the Plot

7 Replies
Last post January 16, 2023, 17:32
by Growster...
xx
Bat in the house

Started by AlaninCarlisle on Chatting on the Plot

7 Replies
Last post August 31, 2019, 15:36
by RubyRed
xx
Two House Guests

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

3 Replies
Last post December 26, 2020, 11:04
by mumofstig
xx
GG's moving house.

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

15 Replies
Last post June 13, 2019, 07:36
by GraciesGran

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 43 queries.