incinerators

• 8 Replies

wighty

incinerators
« on: April 18, 2020, 07:44 »
At the begining of March we got 12 incinerators for the shop.  This is normally enough to last for the year.  We now have none left and can't get any more.  We think because tips are closed people have decided to burn their rubbish that they would normally take there.  I would suggest that if you have one you don't leave it in an exposed area  as it  may go 'for a walk'.

Aidy

• Location: Born n bred Lancastrian living in tropical Blackpool
    • Aidy Neal Photography
Re: incinerators
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2020, 10:57 »
You're bang on. Fire brigade going mad round here with the amoint of nuicance fires being lit and people burning rubbish during the day.
Police are getting involved as well now due to number of complaints.
Punk isn't dead...it's underground where it belongs. If it comes to the surface it's no longer punk...it's Green Day!

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2020, 21:23 »
All allotment tenants have been told that bonfires on plots are forbidden for the time being, and will be automatically presumed to be a 'nuisance' - given that people have to be at home far more and there are increased risks to people who have breathing conditions or difficulties.

We'll be putting up extra posters around the site when we get them from the management organisation.
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

Aidy

• Aidy Neal Photography
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2020, 13:10 »
All allotment tenants have been told that bonfires on plots are forbidden for the time being, and will be automatically presumed to be a 'nuisance' - given that people have to be at home far more and there are increased risks to people who have breathing conditions or difficulties.

We'll be putting up extra posters around the site when we get them from the management organisation.
We have a ban on all sites in Blackpool, its residents that are burning here as recycle bins are now general waste so people burning cardboard etc

mrs bouquet

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2020, 14:36 »
I thought the other day, when "Bonfire Charlie" lit up, that is not very nice for folk that are perhaps unwell, and have breathing difficulties.    Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

goose

• Experienced Member
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2020, 23:56 »
one thing that I think councils should have kept open is the tip ???  fly tipping has increased, fire risks on the increase with people burning garden waste etc.

I hope councils reopen them ASAP.

Plot 1 Problems

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2020, 00:15 »
one thing that I think councils should have kept open is the tip ???  fly tipping has increased, fire risks on the increase with people burning garden waste etc.

I'm inclined to agree. It's not like the workers need to work in proximity to their colleagues or customers as part of their job.

Aidy

• Aidy Neal Photography
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2020, 09:22 »
Based on our recycling site I would think the logistics would be a bit of nightmare.
I would imagine that it would be  busy most of the time, the pedestrian part is narrow to  move from skip to skip, the staff have one cabin, if the weather was so much different and it was chucking down would you expect them to stand outside all the time?
If we then said they allow say three cars at a time this would cause chaos on the road coming in.
For once certainly at our,s I have to agree it is sensible to close.
This once again highlights the problem of over packaging by supplier to the supermarkets etc

snowdrops

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2020, 21:44 »

I'm inclined to agree. It's not like the workers need to work in proximity to their colleagues or customers as part of their job.

I think it was more that the staff were being redeployed to other jobs as our council stopped garden waste collection, it’s starting again the beginning of May
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Page created in 0.122 seconds with 43 queries.