Garden machinery insurance

• 9 Replies

jezza

Garden machinery insurance
« on: February 25, 2020, 14:26 »
Hello did any one know that the EU were planning to make private landowners have accident insurance for quad bikes  off road buggies and ride on lawn mowers with a fine if they didn't comply, the prime minister is opposed to the insurance   jezza

rowlandwells

Re: Garden machinery insurance
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2020, 14:44 »
what ever happened to personal choice this sort of EU clap trap reminds me of one of Monty Pythons the minister for silly walks I have to insure my tractor that I use on the allotment and taking plants and the rotavator on the road for private use only and  its not insured for hire and reward purposes

Wellington

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2020, 21:32 »
How on earth would they catch you?  (I mean, how would they found out. Not that I drive lawnmower so fast I can escape in a high speed chase).

Lawnmowers would be exempt. And probably mobility scooters and tractors. It’s a storm in a tea cup, so people who need an excuse to get irate about the EU and the tabloids to make a fuss about, for the ruling classes to use to divide and rule now they can’t use ‘Brexit’ anymore, Don’t rise to the bait, and hound our politicians into doing a proper job of work of running the country instead.

rowlandwells

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2020, 09:24 »
I think anything that uses public highways has to be insured even if there vintage use I suspect the contractors that mow the verges for the local councils would need to have some sort of insurance cover or possibly public liability insurance

now where out of Brexit we will need a minister for silly ideas ? I could elaborate on that but I think Il give that a miss

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2020, 12:03 »
Without getting into the whole EU thing - this does seem to be something to put in the round file, asap. Not that our own government isn't perfectly able to come up with stupid ideas of their own. Burning wet wood? Anyone who heats their home with a woodburner knows that's a bad idea, but let's have a law <sigh>
Of course the police will get extra resources to enforce these idiotic laws, won't they?
Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

jezza

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2020, 14:48 »
Hello just a final word then it can go in the bin Lawn mowers ride on tractor mowers quad bikes and  vehicles like John Deere  4 wheel drive buggies (other makes included) are what they want to target  Cautionary word though if any one uses a Lawn mower ,tractor or any machine on a grass verge check insurance before doing so  when my mower got smashed up on a verge the insurance company said that it wasn't insured I pointed out it was a pedestrian controlled mower they backed down but said if it was a ride on type I would need Road Traffic cover on top of the public liability that I already have  jezza

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2020, 15:33 »
I meant their silly law, not the topic - Jezza :)
It's always been (I think) that you need insurance / tax etc. for going on the road but private land you can drive what you want. I believe this new law will apply to golf carts too, which generally drive round a private golf course.

Plot 1 Problems

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2020, 16:09 »
To be fair John, if you had ever seen some golfers driving a golf cart after a few 'warming drinks' you'd be the first to say they should be insured ;)

rowlandwells

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2020, 18:25 »
you don't have to see people driving a golf buggy or cart round here plot 1 problem  its the idiots diving cars in our village that I hope are insured because they need it

jezza

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2020, 18:36 »
Hello in response to rowlandwell quote I contract cut verges in a village the public liability insurance is a minimum of £5,000.000,000 plus there's got to be warning signs and operatives have to have correct yellow hi-visability clothing on we are soon told if we have wrong ones and we can't take a machine on highways with out driving licence for the mowers (pedestrian controlled)   jezza

xx
Van insurance

Started by jezza on Chatting on the Plot

1 Replies
Last post August 11, 2022, 16:23
by New shoot
xx
Motor Car Insurance is due VERY soon now

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

8 Replies
Last post June 02, 2019, 21:24
by grinling
xx
Car insurance time

Started by Lardman on Chatting on the Plot

7 Replies
Last post September 27, 2022, 23:03
by jezza
xx
Car Insurance - Update

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

2 Replies
Last post June 04, 2019, 19:41
by grinling

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 49 queries.