Time to change the time

• 7 Replies

Tenhens

• freedom lodge for tenhens ex battery 1 year on
Time to change the time
« on: October 24, 2019, 11:04 »
Extra hour this weekend , time to change the clocks. Lighter mornings and darker evenings, for a few days at least.
we also rescue rabbits and guinea pigs, grow own veg

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: Time to change the time
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2019, 12:11 »
Yes, this year seems to have whizzed by, despite not getting much done  ::)

rowlandwells

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2019, 17:25 »
I couldn't agree more with your comments this year has gone so quick and I'm nearly a year older and sillier but we have had a fair year on the allotments considering the season but there's still plenty to do before we close the gate

I always think when they put the clocks back it really seems like winter is on its way dark dismal days early afternoons by the fire browsing those seed catalogues and then there's the trip to the garden centres for a look round and a cup of tea

but then there's the  bonus of an extra hour in bed laying there listening to the rain beating down on the window well that's another day indoors then next day its actually stopped raining yippee we can now do something outside I look at it like this autumn and winter gives one a chance to re-charge there batteries for the next gardening season [keep the home fires burning :D]

Growster...

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2019, 21:26 »
It's time for winter jobs now...

My electric drill packed up, literally hours after Mrs Growster asked me what I wanted for - er - that sort of time!

But no - it's time for winter jobs, so Ebay says I can buy the parts to mend it for a fraction of the cost! Job to be done next week!

See? We batten down the hatches, wait for three months before we can plant tom seeds, think about just one final mow, spend a day in the shed, cleaning the mower then mow one more time then spend another day cleaning it again...

But it's all a bit easier, there're fewer hours, more fires to light, more books to read and more!

Enjoy autumn and winter, it makes the garden glow in satisfaction!

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2019, 16:04 »
Trouble is, my 'inner gardening calendar' doesn't really start registering the passage of time until the summer flowers and veg really start getting going, which this year wasn't until towards the end of June up here, by which time summer has only got a couple of months to run unless we have an Indian summer (which we didn't! :tongue2:)

As to whether I'd prefer the mornings or afternoons to be lighter at this time of year, my answer is; 'Ideally, both!'  :wacko:
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

Pescador

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2019, 19:03 »
I think this sums it up.
changing clocks.jpg
Every Pickle Helps!

Paul's Preserves and Pickles.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2019, 20:42 »
that has made me laugh, because I never change the car clock, it'll be correct tomorrow though.  As for the ovens, we have had so many power cuts recently, that I may be able to do it with out the book now.  :lol: :lol:  regards and enjoy the hour, Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

Growster...

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2019, 17:47 »
We were given a freebie advertising clock several years ago, and as it is so ugly it's in one of the loos, next to the toothpaste.

It's always the last one to be done, but Mrs Growster has floored me this year, getting it straight on the very same day we all said 'All downhill to '******mas'!

xx
Time

Started by bazial on Chatting on the Plot

4 Replies
Last post March 25, 2020, 10:06
by Wellington
xx
Its that time again

Started by rowlandwells on Chatting on the Plot

4 Replies
Last post November 01, 2021, 07:01
by snowdrops
clip
Seriously has the time come?

Started by Aidy on Chatting on the Plot

13 Replies
Last post November 08, 2019, 17:27
by Growster...
xx
Just in time

Started by rowlandwells on Chatting on the Plot

5 Replies
Last post November 07, 2020, 12:47
by mrs bouquet

Page created in 0.146 seconds with 46 queries.