Photo Printing

• 6 Replies

Elaine G

Photo Printing
« on: April 23, 2019, 13:59 »
Hello all you practical people.
I am trying to print a photograph.
I have tried putting the photo paper into the printer on its own and on top of the stack of paper, but either way it will not take it in properly. I did manage to get the last couple of inches on one attempt!
We have 2 printers, one old, one much newer, and they both do the same so I guess it's operator error  :lol:

Is there a secret to success please.
I don't really want to resort to snappy photos or similar as I have lots of photo paper.

Thanks

Elaine
The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise grows it under his feet - James Oppenheim

Goosegirl

Re: Photo Printing
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2019, 15:13 »
Could it be:-
1) Can you print out anything that's on ordinary printer paper? If so that's a good start.
2) Open the back of the printer to see if there are any previous papers stuck into the rollers.
3) Have you inserted the photo papers correctly into the printer tray to make sure they are kept underneath the little holders on each side because I've had that problem before.
4) Maybe you've overfilled the paper tray so try just putting in a few photo papers and see if that works.
5) Swith the printer off, have a couple of G's &T's, switch it back on again, give it a last warning then let us know how it goes!
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

Elaine G

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2019, 22:13 »
Thank you for your reply Goosegirl.
Both printers work perfectly well with ordinary paper, they are in regular use, and I have printed the photo with no problem onto paper. So definitely not jammed etc.
I have tried varying quantities of paper but it makes no difference. Also a different type of photo paper. But I will try again with several sheets of photo paper.
However I have taken your advice, turned both printers on and off, and I am having a medicinal gin and tonic to see if that solves the problem  :lol:

Elaine

Blackpool rocket

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2019, 06:55 »
Have you changed the settings on the printer, or computer, or both, so that the printer knows that it's printing  a photo.
I have no idea if this might make a difference to the paper feed settings on the printer, ours has a "photo" setting.

Br

Goosegirl

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2019, 15:02 »
This is a strange problem because you can do it ok on ordinary paper but not photo paper!??? I presume the tray the paper's in is selected correctly before printing pics (mine is in the tray beneath the printer and not the one behind it) just in case it isn't.
If I want to print a photo I just add the photo paper on top of the printer paper in the tray below and it takes it ok. I don't change any settings on my actual printer but do it from my pc by right-clicking on the pic, select print, look at the printer options as to what paper (glossy or whatever), what size, in colour or greyscale etc. 

I always use print preview as a default to see if what I'm printing is what I want which may be of some help, because if it shows your pic ok at least we've narrows a few things down. More G's & T anyone??

DD.

• Global Moderator
  • Location: Loughborough. a/k/a Digger Dave. Prettiest Pumpkin prizewinner 2011
  • Pea God & Founder Member of The NFGG
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2019, 15:05 »
My printer will not grip certain makes of paper. (The cheap ones off ebay!). It's OK with Tesco own brand & HP makes.
Did it really tell you to do THAT on the packet?

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2019, 15:27 »
Do your printers have a manual feed tray too?

I have to use that for photos, labels and envelopes.

xx
Printing using Windows 10.

Started by Kleftiwallah on Chatting on the Plot

5 Replies
Last post April 09, 2021, 15:09
by mrs bouquet
clip
photo

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

3 Replies
Last post September 04, 2019, 13:17
by Goosegirl
clip
a photo for you all !

2 Replies
Last post July 03, 2018, 09:03
by mrs bouquet
xx
How to send you a 'photo ?

7 Replies
Last post July 31, 2019, 19:46
by mrs bouquet

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 42 queries.