Vacuum cleaners

• 6 Replies

AlaninCarlisle

Vacuum cleaners
« on: October 13, 2017, 12:43 »
An old friend of ours is struggling to use her Dyson bagless ball cleaner, too difficult for her to manoeuvre with her weak wrists she says. She needs a really effective cleaner as she has a couple of very hairy dogs so I doubt if one of the new cordless ones or ones without a rotating brush would be sufficient. Maybe a more traditional cleaner with a bag might be better.

Can anyone recommend anything?

Pescador

Re: Vacuum cleaners
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2017, 13:12 »
Wouldn't a cylinder be easier on the wrists than an upright?
Every Pickle Helps!

Paul's Preserves and Pickles.

AlaninCarlisle

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2017, 13:31 »
Is there such a thing as a cylinder cleaner with a rotating brush to pick up fine dog-hair?

Fairy Plotmother

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2017, 13:34 »
I had an Electrolux turbo once upon a time. That had a rotating brush

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2017, 13:35 »
At full power my Miele C2 'cat and dog' bagged 'cylinder' cleaner almost sucks up the actual pile on the carpet ::), which does make it harder to manoeuvre.

Luckily the turbo brush does a great job even on half power, which makes it much easier to handle.
It does of course come with other attachments too.

It seems well made and is therefore a bit expensive, although for once in my life I dropped lucky when Tossco were almost giving them away for a very short period for less than 100, but there are always big variations in price anyway if she decides to go for one.
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

Auntiemogs

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2017, 13:36 »
I have a Vax cordless upright, and it's fantastic for hoovering up the cat floof.  Very light, manoeuvrable, and not having to faff around with a cable makes all the difference.  It also comes with 2 batteries, so it's easy to switch over if one dies.  I always used to buy Dysons, buy they are far too heavy for me now.  A couple of times a year, Vax have a sale (I get notifications from the MSE site), and they're heavily discounted. :-)
I would rather live in a world
where my life is surrounded by mystery
than live in a world so small that my mind could comprehend it...✿~ Harry Emerson Fosdick

Goosegirl

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2017, 15:55 »
I have a Dyson cordless because I struggled with the corded and heavier Dyson version. It's brilliant, easy to manoeuvre, light-weight, good at picking up cat hairs and other fluff, and can be used as a hand-held cleaner. My only problem with it is the dust canister is rather small and, if you don't empty it after a few goes, it can clog around the inner filter so I use a blunt letter-opener to get the fluff out, but it doesn't half get the stuff out of your carpets!
Spring always comes when we sow the seeds of life.

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 36 queries.