Disappearing products

• 20 Replies

Goosegirl

Re: Disappearing products
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2017, 14:50 »
al78 and the following posts put it in a nut shell! Is my life so sad that I feel the need to keep up with the Joneses - nope! Do product makers rely on persuading you to pay for unnecessary insurance whilst hoping you know nothing about Consumers' rights - yup! Have you researched then bought something only to see a "new updated version" advertised on TV about a month later - yup! Our society, and indeed the world, are becoming more fragile every day. I dread to think how it's going to be in years to come.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

Growster...

« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2017, 07:09 »
I want to get some action-operated security lights for outside.

Having a 'spare' half hour yesterday,and quickly checking Curry's website, it seemed they may have something to look at.

They didn't, but just walking down the aisles, especially in the IT/TV/phone section, made me realise that I've at last been overtaken by innovation, and that I'm happily being left behind!

I now have a pay-as-you-go mobile phone which only requires two calls every six months to retain the number! That's absolutely fine by me! (Mrs Growster still has ten quid on her old Nokia from about twelve years ago)!

Admittedly, we have two 19" TV sets, but no recording facilities, as we don't watch anything live any more, especially the BBC. It's our own DVDs most of the time, or a good book. (The TV in the kitchen has actually not been on since the rugby last season, when I am banned from the lounge for shouting)!

I do like my Ipad though. There's a fabulous music composing app, which allows me to drift into any sort of noise I want to make, and with earphones too. Other than that, it's Mini Metro...

Trousers? M and S jeans!
The rest - Cotton Traders!

(Don't drink coffee any more - bad experience a few years ago).

hamstergbert

« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2017, 11:20 »
Revisiting my original post in this thread:

Regatta outlet do have some green action trousers again which are fairly similar to the old ones, so I have bought some of those.  Similar but not identical and I daresay I will grow to accept them, overlooking the much more sparse number of pockets everytwhere, zipped ones doubly so, the different structure of the main pockets, and the fabric which is definitely not the same.     Still, a good effort so I need to give 'em a fair shot.

The Dales - probably fingerprint marks where God's hand touched the world

Christine

« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2017, 20:00 »
Ah fewer pockets to lose things in and fewer to empty before said trousers go in wash. And fewer pockets means that you are going to carry less weight which is always good for us olders.  ;)

hamstergbert

« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2017, 10:41 »
....but the tennis racket, horseshoes and packet of Arbroath Kippers would slip out of the zipless pockets while I'm upside down if I ever decide I should learn circus trapeze skills.....

Goosegirl

« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2017, 13:09 »
Get some Velcro!  :)

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 35 queries.