Rhubarb,rhubarb,rhubarb

• 3 Replies

Mar

Rhubarb,rhubarb,rhubarb
« on: May 27, 2015, 18:47 »
This week alone I have exchanged a rhubarb crumble for freshly laid free range eggs, rhubarb crumble and banana loaf for an assortment of paint that will do the porch and spare room nicely thank you very much and just yesterday coffee grinds for a fellow allotmenteer's wormery for jerusalem artichokes.
I always try to recycle, rehash and revamp everything but  I really love this barter and exchange that I can do now that I have the allotment. Happy days indeed!

snowdrops

Re: Rhubarb,rhubarb,rhubarb
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2015, 20:37 »
That's sounds great, is it with friends & family? Last week I 'paid' for the use of a truck the week before, To collect some free slabs,with a cake & some tiffin. P.s didn't have to barter for the slabs,they wanted to get rid 😀
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 20:53 by snowdrops »
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Urban Farmer

• My first year as an allotmenteer!
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2015, 20:46 »
That's fantastic. I love the community aspect of having an allotment. I also like your post because the only thing currently growing on my allotment - apart from the weeds -  is Rhubarb so looks like I better start learning how to cook it!
Pipp
--------------------
You can see my plot diary here:   http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=119949.msg1412051#msg1412051
and any comments are welcome here: http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=119948.0

Mrs Bee

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2015, 20:56 »
It is just lovely when this happens. :D
 We were given some glorious Gourmet Turkish delight in return for tomato, celeriac and chick pea plants and watering the plot while he was in Turkey.

Two lovely lettuce for watering someone else's plot. Our lettuces aren't up yet.

Lots of plants swaps and I often send OH off to the lotty with pieces of cake to share and OH comes back with various veg that we haven't grown yet. :)

I have lost count of the many gifts and kindnesses we have been given in return for cake and vegetables.
We gardeners are a generous breed aren't we. ;) It is good to share.

xx
Bargain rhubarb!!!

Started by Diddy Gardener on Frugal Living

14 Replies
Last post May 18, 2012, 14:40
by arugula
xx
Rhubarb Forcer

Started by berksmike on Frugal Living

4 Replies
Last post March 18, 2007, 10:02
by frazzy
xx
rhubarb prices!

Started by Rampant_Weasel on Frugal Living

2 Replies
Last post May 24, 2012, 18:42
by DD.
xx
Rhubarb offer

Started by arugula on Frugal Living

14 Replies
Last post January 13, 2013, 12:37
by Ema

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 37 queries.