selling houses (or not !)

• 5 Replies

mrs bouquet

selling houses (or not !)
« on: April 29, 2018, 15:37 »
Some of you will know that my Mum lived next door to me, she died a few weeks ago.  So I now have lost my Mum and my Neighbour.  After my Sister, who lives nearby, seriously kicked off, it has all been down to me to deal with this property.
The Estate Agents found me lovely new people, and we were about 1 week from exchange, when the chain broke down.  The elderly couple are devastated as they had packed their boxes and got rid of some furniture etc.  The bottom of the chain was a young couple of first time buyers, and they are heart-broken as well.

I now have to remarket it, and so spent 3 hours this morning on the very long drive with one of those wire long handled brushes, to clean up between the paviers, and create a good first impression. 
Wow, what a work-out that is.  I feel like I have been rolled by a steam engine. 

When the little weeds start to show, I shall do it all with Pathclear, and hopefully that will last until a new buyer comes along.

I no folk say that it is one of the top three stresses, and right now I completely agree.

Having said that, I thought, that's a lot of calories gone, so I have just eaten brunch - A fruit scone and Jam - 
Now I am too achy to go and do my own garden, and to tired to cook, so tonights dinner may be a scone and jam   :D  Best ways it will be a jacket and coleslaw and maybe some grated cheese.

Think of this poor old lady tonight when you are all having your lovely roasts :D :D :D :D.  You do have to laugh.
regards  Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

Goosegirl

Re: selling houses (or not !)
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2018, 15:45 »
Sometimes that's all you can do when the wheels on the trolley of life go off-kilter. Things do seem to work out in the end for the best, so get yourself a nice meal and a good bath soak and hopefully all will look better soon.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

snowdrops

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2018, 20:27 »
My condolences to you Mrs Bouquet, having gone through this 2 years ago, it’s not an easy time to deal with, hopefully the couple will get their house sold soon & it all turns out for the best. Perhaps another day you need to prioritise your meal before tacking such a big job, it’s so worth it, says she who had to ring hubby from the plot to tell him to get the dinner on lol
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 20:39 by snowdrops »
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2018, 20:35 »
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss and what a rough time you're having. I dread the idea we might move one day - selling is such a nightmare.
Still, when it all goes pear shaped sing "Things can only get better!" If nothing else it's a good tune.
Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

Christine

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2018, 18:45 »
It can feel like the end of more than one world when you have to sort out the family estate on top of a funeral can't it? It's never the best of times to have to sell up and when the close family are not in agreement things are even worse. Been there, watched it with the in-laws and no fun as the two sons just did not get on at all. You have all my sympathy though it won't help sort things out in the near term.

rowlandwells

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2018, 20:15 »
firstly sorry to here about Mum when things like this happens it takes time to pick up the pieces and get one back on the rails

but how ever hard it seems you must think of your life and look after yourself that's the first priority all other things are just cosmetic it is life wrenching at the time all things considered and selling houses there's always the possibility the chain mite break as in your case sending things rite down the bottom of the ladder just when you thought it was sorted

so hoefully things will get sorted for you and i wish you all the luck in resolving this situation as i think most of our members do on this site it would be nice to hear youve resolved this to your satisfaction
good luck for the future RW

xx
Selling houses and a change in the Law

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

17 Replies
Last post June 13, 2018, 19:55
by grinling
xx
Selling our home.

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

7 Replies
Last post July 12, 2019, 12:35
by Goosegirl
xx
Selling mum’s house

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

6 Replies
Last post March 25, 2020, 18:34
by MrsPea

Page created in 0.186 seconds with 39 queries.