ORGANIC SLUG PELLETS?

• 1 Replies

Lesleyk

• Experienced Member
ORGANIC SLUG PELLETS?
« on: January 03, 2014, 11:43 »
It's that perennial problem - or it soon will be - any helpful hints on an effective, organic slug pellet?  Have used Doff in the past (the white ones) and they seemed to work, but I wondered if anyone had any other thoughts?  I have tried all the other options (beer, egg shells, you name it) with absolutely no success.  The slugs around here are mighty tenacious, but I don't want to use too many chemicals in the garden; also want to protect the local birds and my two beloved cats from poison.  If there is already a thread about this (I imagine there will be!), perhaps you could just point me in the right direction?  If not, any advice welcome.  Thanks  :unsure:

JayG

• Global Moderator
Re: ORGANIC SLUG PELLETS?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2014, 12:10 »
Try searching for "ferric phosphate" (the active ingredient in so-called organic slug pellets) on this forum - lots of threads.  ;)

My own view is that they do work, and won't harm wildlife other than the intended victims, but because they are not a direct poison you don't get the same proof of its effectiveness by seeing lots of dead slugs and snails around where you put the bait. (Apologies to any Buddhists out there.)
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

xx
organic slug pellets

Started by sprinkler1 on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post April 15, 2008, 21:45
by mashbintater
xx
organic slug pellets

Started by Teabag on Grow Your Own

10 Replies
Last post June 16, 2008, 21:59
by hotterotter
xx
Best organic slug pellets

Started by Gleavo on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post February 20, 2023, 11:34
by 8doubles
xx
Organic slug pellets?

Started by BabyStar on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post June 10, 2011, 11:44
by BabyStar

Page created in 0.317 seconds with 39 queries.