hip op 6 wks on Warning

• 7 Replies

LILLILEAF

hip op 6 wks on Warning
« on: July 05, 2018, 07:44 »
I am writing this because i think its important if any one is going to have a joint replacement of any type.
When you have your op they put you on  some thing called Clexane it thins the blood helps to stop blood clots.
Every time you get a prescription you have a patient information leaflet inside,it was the same for clexane so i read the leaflet,i had the clexane for 28 days 1 injection each day,i finished the course very important.
Then 10 days on i am feeling very tired i have chest pains on the right hand side this went on for a few days, i was finding it very hard to breath in,only slightly,so on the fourth day I'm thinking i know whats happening.
I rang my surgery they said come straight away,i saw the doctor as soon as i got there,she rang the hospital,i was told to go to the hospital now.
I have a suspected blood clot,im getting very worried now it could go to my heart and if that happens not good.
 So on the ward i go after a few hours waiting,i have already had bloods taken,heart checked,and temperature done,next day i have an MRI scan,a Ct scan,no sign of a clot thankfully,i have a severe chest infection.So home i go with a bucket load of antibiotics.
 I was lucky this time because i read the patient leaflet that came with the Clexane i know what was happening by the signs,that leaflet saved my life.
So please everyone read that info that comes with your medication i was very lucky.Lillileaf

snowdrops

Re: hip op 6 wks on Warning
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2018, 08:16 »
Oh dear what a worry for you Lilli, hope you make a full recovery from your chest infection soon, I had one at Christmas & it took me a long time to get over it so just make sure you get plenty of rest in between doing those exercises for your hip.
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2018, 10:01 »
You look after yourself - and good advice about medicines, thank you.
Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

Goosegirl

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2018, 14:24 »
When I had mine done I just had a short supply of morphine and paracetamol tablets, but you were very wise to read the leaflet on these and to respond like you did. I hope you recover very soon. GG x
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

robinahood

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2018, 17:45 »
On you must feel rough at the moment, I hope the antibiotics kick in soon, then give yourself plenty of time to test and recuperate.
I always read the leaflet, sometimes the side effects can be the very thing they are meant to treat (e.g. Antidepressants that can cause suicidal thoughts, anti sickness meds that cause nausea etc.)
It's always as well to know your enemy and your friend.

Fairy Plotmother

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2018, 18:01 »
Thank you for the reminder not to take anything for granted and hope you feel better very soon.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2018, 19:05 »
I am sorry you have had this set-back and you were doing so well.  Take care, regards Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

LILLILEAF

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2018, 23:10 »
Thank you every one, one thing i must say i know i waited 9hrs for a bed to be ready, but when  the team on that ward pull together and get a very sick person on the right road to recovery they are brilliant.
 I am starting to feel better now, the antibiotics are working on the infection in my operated leg now its not so red and swollen, i can now breath in without any pain,but i am still having to take all the other pain killers.
hopefully not for much longer :).
  regards to one and all thank  you.
   LILLILEAF

xx
WARNING

Started by wapello on Chatting on the Plot

1 Replies
Last post November 07, 2018, 12:27
by Plot 1 Problems
angry
Windows 10 Update Warning

Started by grinling on Chatting on the Plot

3 Replies
Last post December 14, 2017, 21:37
by grinling
xx
Amazon Prime Scam Warning

Started by mumofstig on Chatting on the Plot

8 Replies
Last post November 20, 2019, 17:01
by Growster...
exclamation
Frost warning for Sunday night!

Started by mumofstig on Chatting on the Plot

27 Replies
Last post November 13, 2017, 12:27
by Aled

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 46 queries.