ROTAVAToR PARTS

• 10 Replies

usindoors

ROTAVAToR PARTS
« on: May 21, 2007, 21:23 »
Hi all, have just joined this group but it looks like you all have so much info to share. We have just started on an allottment in Kent and my husband has just got an old Norlett rotavator to play, sorry, work with!! It is working but needs some bits replaced. Anyone know anywhere that can still supply these (we know Norlett aren't around any more)? :)

ROTAVAToR PARTS
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2007, 21:30 »
Hi usindoors & welcome.  Gwiz or one of the other mechie types should be able to advise.

bert

ROTAVAToR PARTS
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2007, 22:46 »
hello & welcome to the site from bert & ernie.

Gwiz

ROTAVAToR PARTS
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2007, 04:57 »
hello usindoors, welcome to 'lotmentland. what bits are you after? engine parts shouldn't be a problem, rotovator bits will be, cables can be made, belts can be got around (unless you've got a mountfield M1 gardener with the single belt system, it seems)
 :D

David.

ROTAVAToR PARTS
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2007, 13:40 »
I have a old Norlett non-runner (Tillermate 3S) in my shed and will post a picture of it if Mid-Bucks is not to far to take away for spares as I just want to get rid of it.

deneview

ROTAVAToR PARTS
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2007, 17:55 »
hi, i have a tillermate 5s that i rescued from my dads shed and have a copy of manual, worst problem was getting belts to fit- i can give you the sizes if same model, cables can be replaced with parts from a bike, silencer was welded up, rest just needed unseizing. parts are no longer available but should be easy to fabricate, saw a site on google with some old norlett tines and gear heads,
they are simple machines and its handy having reverse,

which parts do you need? whats not working with it?

David.

ROTAVAToR PARTS
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2007, 18:54 »
Quote from: "deneview"
worst problem was getting belts to fit

When mine was working I overcame that by changing (making alterations rather than simple adjustments) the tension of the cable that put it in drive.

deneview

ROTAVAToR PARTS
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2007, 09:29 »
yes i had to do same, drive belt must have been a special, not a standard size- i tried them all, i had to replace the clutch cable with a bike brake cable and fashion a clevis on the lathe to make adjustments, works better now than it did before, reverse belt just about takes a standard size,

usindoors

ROTAVAToR PARTS
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2007, 21:30 »
:D Thanks to all for your tips etc. I'll get back to some of you about bits. So pleased to have found such a wonderful lot of advice, we are so enjoying our new allotment !!!!

curly770

ROTAVAToR PARTS
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2007, 22:05 »
Quote from: "David."
I have a old Norlett non-runner (Tillermate 3S) in my shed and will post a picture of it if Mid-Bucks is not to far to take away for spares as I just want to get rid of it.

[/quote

I see you had an instruction manual for a tillermate 5 I am trying to find belt no.s could you help in anyway?
CURLY

ROTAVAToR PARTS
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2007, 22:11 »
Check the site in Muntjac's sig links  :)

xx
looking for rotavator parts

Started by ransome on Equipment Shed

2 Replies
Last post June 10, 2010, 23:06
by Yorkie
xx
rotavator parts

Started by MICHAEL on Equipment Shed

6 Replies
Last post June 02, 2007, 23:44
by Aunt Sally
xx
Norlett rotavator parts

Started by andygregs156 on Equipment Shed

1 Replies
Last post April 15, 2010, 22:53
by Ice
xx
Rotavator - Engine parts

Started by Vgrower on Equipment Shed

3 Replies
Last post March 03, 2024, 18:45
by R Tallentire

Page created in 0.15 seconds with 38 queries.