Icloud

• 3 Replies

mrs bouquet

Icloud
« on: November 09, 2021, 14:09 »
This morning has been a 95 minutes with an Apple support man.  I gave him a short access to my laptop, and he guided me through how to download from old ipad to laptop.  However this wasn't successful.  He then suggested I back up old ipad with icloud.   I just said yer ok.   We got started on this at it has been backing up on the old ipad for over 1 hour and still has about 2 hours to go.  I ex
pect it'll run out of space.

Why am I doing this, I don't understand the reason.  Meanwhile the new ipad hasn't been connected yet and so eventually I will have to ring apple support again with the special number and take it from there.

Tomorrow in the morning I have my Hospital Op pre-assessment by phone,  in the afternoon I am running an auction.      The rest of the week is full as well.
 Please can you explain to me, in easy words.    :lol:  Thanks,  Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

Lardman

Re: Icloud
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2021, 14:53 »
icloud is just storage space on the internet.

Which bit went wrong trying to back up to your computer? It really should have been a very simple task - install itunes, plug ipad in via usb cable - select backup.  Speed to backup to your computer should be relatively fast, you're sending everything to the internet so that is likely to be very slow.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2021, 15:12 »
We got s far as itunes, but wouldn't back up from old ipad to laptop.   He said I need to get a new cable, which is why we switched to icloud.     The old ipad is  loading icloud.  It is taking hours. Is that meaning that all the old ipad info is saved, then it can be transferred to new ipad. ?  Or simply that old ipad info is safely stored should I need it, as I shall keep old ipad anyway.    Mrs B

grinling

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2021, 17:17 »
it stores it in icloud which you can access from any device.

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 35 queries.