Strimmer/ brushcutter

• 6 Replies

Bertie Button

Strimmer/ brushcutter
« on: August 06, 2021, 08:08 »
I'm looking to buy a cordless strimmer/brushcutter to keep long grass and tall weeds under control around my veg beds and in other areas of our undulating rural garden.
We've got a petrol powered one, which my husband uses but I find it very hard to manage. I would like a lightweight cordless one for myself to keep on top of things so I don't have to nag hubby to do it.
Any recommendations would be useful. I don't want to waste money on a useless bit of kit!

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
Re: Strimmer/ brushcutter
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2021, 11:46 »
You need a lithium ion battery - or two - to start with.  If you already have other power tools with batteries from a manufacturer, consider this first.

Also, how heavy duty does it need to be?  If you keep the petrol strimmer then that might be best for the heavier duty stuff, which means the power of the battery one can be less.

Finally, what's your budget?  Cordless/battery strimmers are usually at least £100, if not £200+.
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

Growster...

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2021, 17:58 »
Yorkie's right, for around £100.00 a Bosch could well fit the bill.

I got around forty minutes per charge, and you can do quite a lot in that time. We had lots of grass paths back then, so sometimes I took two bites at the job, not always though!

They're very light, and easily moveable, but there are so many sorts of the same strimmer, you may just as well go to a DIY shop, and hold one for a few minutes!

I've also found that Black and Decker are so much better these days; some of their new range is pretty good, and I've just bought several other rechargeable tools from their long list of products!

jezza

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2021, 13:00 »
 Hello have a look at the Stihl or Husqvarna range of cordless strimmers they can be expensive but have a good run time    jezza

Spana

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2021, 11:58 »
I also got fed up with waiting for my husband to do jobs for me so ive bought myself  5 cordless stihl  machines and 2 batteries. I can do everything i need done myself now. The batteries do make the tools heavy but ive got used to it. They are excellent machines, i use the strimmer a lot. I also use the long reach hedge cutter with the head angled to the ground like a weeding tool . It goes through long grass and stuff like cow parsley a treat if its still standing.

jezza

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2021, 12:40 »
Hello I've just had an email from a machinery dealer that I use saying that they are offering 5 percent off all their products till August 31st Radmore&Tucker  discount code summer2021  if this post isn't allowed please say so    jezza

jezza

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2021, 19:20 »
Hello just an update on Radmore &Tucker 5%off offer on all its machinery it's been extended to the 30th of September with code summer 2021    jezza

xx
Honda strimmer/brushcutter

Started by amc on Equipment Shed

4 Replies
Last post September 04, 2007, 09:02
by amc
xx
strimmer/brushcutter reccommendtions

Started by dmg on Equipment Shed

1 Replies
Last post July 08, 2015, 08:40
by Sparkyrog
xx
advice on strimmer / hedge strimmer

Started by The Golden Heap on Equipment Shed

2 Replies
Last post May 29, 2012, 09:32
by smud6ie
xx
Brushcutter

Started by TheSpartacat on Equipment Shed

6 Replies
Last post May 13, 2013, 00:15
by jezza

Page created in 0.178 seconds with 42 queries.