cake decorating

• 3 Replies

chrissie B

cake decorating
« on: November 02, 2014, 09:55 »
Hi all cake people  mentioned the other day im doing a birthday cake for a friend ,(mother of daughters boyfriend )and ive decided to do an ombre style cake cover in fondant and decorated in an embroidery style icing where you darw an outline in royal icing and drag it inwards with a small brush it looks very effective , now what im not sure about it timings and drying out of the icing im also putting on a couple of fondant butterflies on so its not too flat I would be glad of any help
chrissie b
Woman cannot live by bread alone , she must have cake , biscuits cheese and the occasional glass of wine .🍷

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: cake decorating
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2014, 10:21 »
Now that we cover cakes with fondant icing - I cover with fondant and do any royal icing the day/a couple of days before the cake is required.

Make the fondant butterflies a few days ahead of that, so that they've dried by the time you want to lift them onto the cake - especially if they aren't going to lay flat.

chrissie B

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2014, 10:37 »
thank you , I don't need to do the cake till 17 so im having a practice , its not her main cake but I do want it to be nice and I allways have a feeling of not being up to the job not got much confidence . thanks for the help , I will be having a practice later .
chrissie b

chrissie B

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2014, 13:01 »
well ive done the birthday cake , sorry in my haste to get it to its destination I forgot to take a picture , but it was ok I covered a 3 layer cake chocolate, coffee and vanilla with the buttercream I think its swiss I had piped roses on the top and the day before made some butterflies in yellow violet and blue  which I put on the top and around the bottom I shaped some so they looked like they had just landed , it looked ok just waiting to hear if it was nice I like to get a bit of feed back even bad so I don't make too many mistakes .
chrissie b

xx
cake decorating

Started by g1ggles on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

2 Replies
Last post October 13, 2011, 18:42
by g1ggles
xx
HELP! Cake decorating

Started by totalnovice on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

15 Replies
Last post August 15, 2011, 08:59
by Ice
xx
tea cake

Started by Piccolo on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

2 Replies
Last post January 04, 2011, 19:45
by Piccolo
xx
cake problem

Started by mumofstig on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

29 Replies
Last post July 21, 2010, 10:48
by tosca100

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 38 queries.