opinions please on coup

• 10 Replies

nicky d

• Experienced Member
  • super shane
opinions please on coup
« on: May 04, 2010, 13:44 »
ive decided i need to get a bigger coup, my three girls live in a dog kennel at the mo, and although it is fab i really do think they need something bigger, just seen this, wot do you all think .   nickyx

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SUPERB-CHICKEN-POULTRY-HEN-COOP-COUP-HOUSE-NEW-C12-NEW-/400062651841?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Poultry&hash=item5d25979dc1
4 girlies,  Nessa, Pamela, Stacey and Tina

TeaPots

Re: opinions please on coup
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 13:48 »
I like it  :D the wood looks a bit thin, so it would probably need to be in a sheltered area, but it has my approval  :D reasonable price too. Not the silly £200 a lot are going for.

nicky d

• Experienced Member
  • super shane
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2010, 15:05 »
if i decide to get it, it will be going under a conifer tree so it will be shelterd, i didnt even think about thickness of wood.   nickyx

carolbriar

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2010, 15:13 »
Hi Nicky, it looks great but it isn't very wide?  770mm is only about 2ft and a little bit wide.  It is about 4ft ish long and about 4 ft ish high at the highest bit. (Sorry about the feet and inches but still work in those to get an idea of how big or small something is) ::)  If you are thinking at any time of getting more girls it could be a bit small? ;)
Carol
2 Springer Spaniels, 1 Speckled Sussex,  1 Cuckoo Maran, 1 Light Sussex, 1 Welsummer, 2 Barnvelders and 2 silver Pencil Wyandotes.

carolbriar

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2010, 15:30 »
Just looked on that ebay site again and the same seller is selling this house -is it worth looking at?  http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SUPERB-CHICKEN-POULTRY-HEN-COOP-COUP-HOUSE-NEW-C12-NEW-/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=400117584913
Carol

nicky d

• Experienced Member
  • super shane
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2010, 17:24 »
Just looked on that ebay site again and the same seller is selling this house -is it worth looking at?  http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SUPERB-CHICKEN-POULTRY-HEN-COOP-COUP-HOUSE-NEW-C12-NEW-/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=400117584913
Carol

hiya carol, thats a lovely coup but its too low on the ground, i think the point is hun that its not that big so it wont encourage me to get more girls :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:, i like the other coup as its high of the ground,    nickyx

carolbriar

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2010, 17:53 »
Good point!  The other one looks fine :D

nicky d

• Experienced Member
  • super shane
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2010, 19:51 »
Good point!  The other one looks fine :D

:D :D :D :D :D i knew you would say that :D :D :D :D nickyx

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2010, 20:07 »
make sure you treat it with preservative first Nicky as sometimes they are only stained and the wood isn't properly seasoned. Repeat the treatment every year  :)
Staffies are softer than you think.

grinling

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2010, 20:30 »
I got mine of ebay, probably the same importer. There was more than one selling from the same place, so I went with the one I could collect.  Found there was a piece missing when got home, but it did not matter. We did use decking screws in places. The sliding drawer I waxed to make it easier.
P&P is a fair price as it is very heavy, but get a quote for your postcode.

nicky d

• Experienced Member
  • super shane
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2010, 21:59 »
thanks for the advice,  the postage to me is £24, which is to be expected, everything sent to northern ireland costs a fourtune :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:, ive decided to go for it and im gonna order it, have to be end of the month though as we have just shelled out a whopping £720 on getting our car fixed, gees could you imagine the coup i could have bought for that amount of money ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)  nickyx

xx
coup

Started by wapello on Chicken Chat

2 Replies
Last post March 15, 2017, 19:46
by wapello

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 40 queries.