Big dust up in the hen house

• 2 Replies

New shoot

• Global Moderator
Big dust up in the hen house
« on: February 07, 2011, 21:09 »
Oh dear  :(  My 2 Serama boys who were brothers in arms until now have had a major moment.

Came home yesterday to find traumatised OH who had found the 2 locked in massive fight and had one heck of a job separating them.  He got them both out of the run into the garden and got attacked by both mini whirling dervishes as they struggled to get at one another.  Foghorn seemed OK but little Alphie was covered in blood, so OH put him in the boys old batchelor pad - a rabbit hutch with a run underneath.  It was dark by the time I got home and they had gone to bed so left both in peace for the night.

Checked both this morning and Foghorn was beligerent and not a mark on him.  Alphie has a badly pecked comb and was very shaken.  He screamed like a banshee when I picked him up to purple spray him.  He cheered up with a dish of his faves - corn, apple and a few mealworms and OH said he was still hurling abuse at Foghorn across the garden when he left this morning, so I guess he's bouncing back.

Hopefully he'll heal well and get his confidence back, so I can get him a little girlie of his own.  Being a Serama he is tiny, so a pair should be OK in the hutch.

Chookiechook

• riverside quails
Re: Big dust up in the hen house
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011, 22:33 »
Oh no...... disaster :(

My two are still very much ok together but the gold boy is deffo top dog and the black very much the underdog... ( he is only allowed to mate the ugly girls) ;)  Maybe you are right and a lady each would be the answer :)
I love Pekins, Polands and Seramas :) and eggs!!!

New shoot

• Global Moderator
Re: Big dust up in the hen house
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2011, 20:34 »
Alphie was the junior partner but he was just as much up for a fight.  He's fine apart from a few flesh wounds and eating like a horse.

Going to let his wounds heal so he's back on top form then I will probably be over to buy a girl for him.  She'll have to be a pretty one though so he can still crow at Foghorn who now has the hareem  ;)  :lol:

xx
Dust Bath

Started by Jae Dawn on Chicken Chat

10 Replies
Last post August 14, 2010, 10:09
by Jae Dawn
xx
Dust bath

Started by tosca100 on Chicken Chat

3 Replies
Last post September 07, 2013, 12:51
by LittleRedHen
xx
Formation dust bathing

Started by New shoot on Chicken Chat

2 Replies
Last post August 04, 2010, 21:50
by themagicaltoad1
xx
The pleasures of a dust bath

Started by Elcie on Chicken Chat

5 Replies
Last post June 05, 2010, 10:29
by TeaPots

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 41 queries.